Page 14 of 16 [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 4:51 pm

Tyson would have had an obese BMI.....

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 4:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Tyson would have had an obese BMI.....

I wonder though if being 5ft10 and 218 pounds of muscle is still unhealthy for your body?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 4:54 pm

It depends on how he got the muscle.

If he got the muscle through steroids, then it's unhealthy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 8:29 pm

i wish i could still run. :|

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 8:31 pm

6'3" still but must resist a strong tendency to stoop over. due to arthritis/dodgy hips/back i went from 190# to 240 blinkin' pounds. gotta be a better way. i miss being able to move.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 9:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i wish i could still run. :|

You still COULD run. The only limit is your mind. Watch this from beginning to end and then tell me you cant regain your ability to run:

Master Oogway

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2021, 9:51 pm

my hips are worn out, bone-on-bone, no cartilage left. exercise can't take place until they are replaced. if i lost major weight, my hips would be happier for sure, but without exercise the weight ain't goin' anywhere.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 6:14 am

auntblabby wrote:
my hips are worn out, bone-on-bone, no cartilage left. exercise can't take place until they are replaced. if i lost major weight, my hips would be happier for sure, but without exercise the weight ain't goin' anywhere.

Losing weight is 80-90% diet. Even if you are completely sedentary, your body still burns about 2kcal a day. It will be very happy to expend this energy burning your body fat if you would let it happen by not eating high insulin index food.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 6:19 am

badRobot wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Losing weight is 80-90% diet. Even if you are completely sedentary, your body still burns about 2kcal a day. It will be very happy to expend this energy burning your body fat if you would let it happen by not eating high insulin index food.

i am sugar free all the way. i eat a lot of veggies, very little bread. no corn or potatoes. can't remember the last time i had a pizza or spaghetti or any of the other good stuff. but i have the feeling the only way this weight is coming off is if i eat nothing but arugula 'til doomsday.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 6:36 am

auntblabby wrote:
i am sugar free all the way. i eat a lot of veggies, very little bread. no corn or potatoes. can't remember the last time i had a pizza or spaghetti or any of the other good stuff. but i have the feeling the only way this weight is coming off is if i eat nothing but arugula 'til doomsday.

It's impossible to violate laws of physics. If you are not losing weight it means you are eating too much of high insulin index food, reducing your energy expenditure to calories your eat and as a result eat too much calories total to match your energy expenditure. Did you try quitting bread completely? Quitting bread would dramatically reduce your hunger, probably you would end up eating less vegetables and whatever calories there are in the dressing.

Anyway, the point is, if you don't put effort into your diet, exercise would not help you to lose weight, it would just make you eat more. If you put effort into your diet, exercise is not necessary for weight loss.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 6:42 am

i avoid salad dressing like the plague. i should totally eliminate the bread even if it is gluten-free. i was on the nutritarian "GBOMBS" diet a few years back, my clothes fit well but after about 2 years of eating just a large salad a day i couldn't make my mouth open anymore. IOW i was totally sick and tired of that diet. went back to a moderate diet and did daily exercise 'til my hips and back failed. will try veggie juice, broccoli florets and canned salmon together in a thick soup next.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 6:56 am

auntblabby wrote:
i avoid salad dressing like the plague. i should totally eliminate the bread even if it is gluten-free.
will try veggie juice, broccoli florets and canned salmon together in a thick soup next.

Sounds like a great plan to me :thumleft: I would skip veggie juice, though. I normally eat some nice source of protein and fat with a medicinal portion of green veggies, more as a supplement of vitamins and stuff like sulforaphane, than food.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 7:04 am

badRobot wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i avoid salad dressing like the plague. i should totally eliminate the bread even if it is gluten-free.
will try veggie juice, broccoli florets and canned salmon together in a thick soup next.

Sounds like a great plan to me :thumleft: I would skip veggie juice, though. I normally eat some nice source of protein and fat with a medicinal portion of green veggies, more as a supplement of vitamins and stuff like sulforaphane, than food.

are you on something like paleo?

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 7:26 am

auntblabby wrote:

I don't follow any formal diet plan to avoid biases and false dichotomies, but what I eat de facto is very similar to keto/paleo.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 7:28 am

badRobot wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I don't follow any formal diet plan to avoid biases and false dichotomies, but what I eat de facto is very similar to keto/paleo.

all my kinfolk are struggling with weight and are all on keto or paleo or something along those lines. i will have to consider it...

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2021, 11:35 am

auntblabby wrote:
all my kinfolk are struggling with weight and are all on keto or paleo or something along those lines. i will have to consider it...

Yes, I believe combination of anti-inflammatory variant of paleo and "modified atkins" version of ketogenic diet would help you with both arthritis and weight loss. Knee/back/neck pain was one of the reasons I eat the way I eat now.