Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2011, 3:32 pm

I have been tempted by speed dating myself, though meeting many people and thinking what to say can be challenging.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 8:05 am

I don't know what to think of speed dating.

Yes, you'll certainly meet a quantity of people of the opposite sex, but at the expense of building a quality relationship.

3, 5 or 8 minutes is certainly not enough time to know whether there is a potential relationship, if theres any compatibility, etc.

also, being under a timer is pressuring for me.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 10:59 am

oh gosh, i could never do this. i make the worst first impression ever and hate the idea of being judged

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 11:08 am

even though the idea is worth considering for me, at first glance (everyone knows what everyone is there for, you have 'openers' and all that), in practice, speed dates are not for me.
i shine when i'm in a comfortable setting amongst friends, my humour is at its best with witty comebacks and ad-rem jokes; neither are usable in a speed-date setting.
also, the fact that there are many tables there, usually in a bar or something, means i'm far from comfortable; many conversations, impressions from the last 4-5 tries still in me, music playing... the only good thing is that usually the llights are dimmed a little.

no, perhaps a blind date is more for me; now to get my friends to fix me up with one :P