Veteran

04 Feb 2005, 12:37 pm

Bingo :?:

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2005, 12:50 pm

Epimonandas wrote:

Anyone notice a similarity here? And yet there is not quote. It is written as if it were an original work. Technically that is plagarism.
http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... ment#16446

I think you'll find that it was actually a quote responding to your point and the member made a mistake with the quoting. As it is word for word the same as yours until the last paragraph that was added on at the bottom about the subject it is clear that it was a response to your original post.

I have edited the post in question- by inserting the quote code in the right places. Can I suggest that you're not so quick to jump to conclusions and throw accusations around next time.

LunarMoon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Feb 2005, 5:00 pm

Epimonandas wrote:
LunarMoon wrote:
I’m 13.
If there is any truth to that Neandethal crap, then, depending upon the whether to the reference to maturity was in terms of prehistory lifeline or in terms of modern ones, then we would not become adults until 36 or 108 depending on the meaning I mentioned. We take a long time to grow either way. So that would also mean we would not pass our relative 30's until 60 or 180, mid life crisis until 90 or 270, retirement until 130 or 390, and average life would be 150 or 450. So even if there were any truth that theory it would not be all bad.
The people, who actually composed that theory, seemingly lacked a basic understanding of the species they were referring to. Neanderthals were actually larger than homo sapiens and many people with autism are described as undeveloped for their age. Due to the fact that people actually believe this rubbish, it seems as if we’ve descended back to the days of Aristotle.

Epimonandas wrote:
If there is any truth to that Neandethal crap, then, depending upon the whether to the reference to maturity was in terms of prehistory lifeline or in terms of modern ones, then we would not become adults until 36 or 108 depending on the meaning I mentioned. We take a long time to grow either way. So that would also mean we would not pass our relative 30's until 60 or 180, mid life crisis until 90 or 270, retirement until 130 or 390, and average life would be 150 or 450. So even if there were any truth that theory it would not be all bad.

Anyone notice a similarity here? And yet there is not quote. It is written as if it were an original work. Technically that is plagarism.
http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... ment#16446

Is this a joke?!

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2005, 8:51 pm

Tere wrote:
Bingo :?:

Don't you have bingo in the States?

Rekkr
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2005, 12:46 am

I'm four months months away from being 16.

Rekkr
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2005, 12:51 am

LunarMoon wrote:
I’m 13.
Quote:

The people, who actually composed that theory, seemingly lacked a basic understanding of the species they were referring to. Neanderthals were actually larger than homo sapiens and many people with autism are described as undeveloped for their age. Due to the fact that people actually believe this rubbish, it seems as if we’ve descended back to the days of Aristotle.

Not to mention the book they reference in the footnotes... The book is written by a creationist who asserts that Neanderthals aged slower which would give them ages corresponding to those in Genesis.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2005, 2:53 pm

Rekkr wrote:
Not to mention the book they reference in the footnotes... The book is written by a creationist who asserts that Neanderthals aged slower which would give them ages corresponding to those in Genesis.

But wouldn't creationists having to accept Neanderthals as our ancestors mean them also having to accept evolution, which is surely utter poison to them? Another great example of Christianity twisting in the wind like crazy to try to get its clunky belief system to bend around reality methinks......

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2005, 8:52 pm

Plagarism, or the possiblilty of it, is simply one of my pet peeves, sticking points. As I feel that is akin to siphoning from the very energy which enables life or as some might call it the soul.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 3:08 pm

18, HS Senior 12 weeks until graduation