Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Konpaku
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2011, 8:29 am

I often worry that there's no point even trying to get any qualifications because the social interraction and stress is far too great.
This would only be worsened if I were forced to be in a subservient position as an employee.
A great fear of mine is that I will never enter into serious full-time employment and earn money.
I simply don't know what to do.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 11:46 am

Put it this way. I can cope in situations now that I never could when I was still in High School.

I'm no social butterfly, but I can now talk to complete strangers, give presentations (badly) and write official emails and talk on the phone. On social occasions, I can make passable small talk for short periods of time.

I wouldn't have learnt any of that without being forced into those situations in college. Sure, it was uncomfortable- I was, and still am to a large extent- completely out of my league, but i I had not attempted to learn and grow, I would never progress and make the most of my life.

You'll learn how to do things. Nobody's expecting you to walk into a job from High School and suddenly morph into a professional.

neto
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2011, 1:33 pm

You could try and work from home. More and more people are doing this. IT is a good option.

Konpaku
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2011, 2:01 pm

Working from home, eh? Any suggestions? It's not something I'm familiar with.

neto
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Mar 2011, 2:08 pm

Konpaku wrote:
Working from home, eh? Any suggestions? It's not something I'm familiar with.

Well, I already suggested something in my post: IT. You need to study before you can work in it, though, probably need to go to college.