Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

codeman38
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jan 2005, 1:21 pm

Well, I got my new eyeglasses today, with the latest prescription from my eye exam a couple weeks ago...

...and wow, they must've done *something* with the prescription, because everything suddenly looks three-dimensional. Used to be everything looked relatively flat, but now things actually stand out from the background!

Even weirder... I was just taking my glasses off and putting them back on for comparison, and it's unreal. Take them off... everything's flat... put them on... stands out from the background. Repeat ad infinitum.

I wonder what they did to these? Because I have a feeling this will help me very much with driving. :lol:

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2005, 1:57 pm

I had the exact same expeirence when I got my blue (sort of irlen) lenses - it was facinitaing to realize that I hadn't been seeing in 3D all this time - it took me a while to get used to, though . . .

echospectra
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2005, 7:06 pm

Lack of depth perception can occur when one of your glasses isn't right; the eye that sees best takes over, so you basically use just one eye, and you need two eyes for depth perception.