Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 5:41 pm

Threads which state location in the title seem to get more traffic.

mikeseagle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 5:57 pm

Certainly looks that way. If you say you are from Ireland or England in the title then it definitely goes up.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 7:25 pm

I'm in Virginia. Discuss amongst yourselves. :P

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 7:54 pm

I think possibly a non specific location works better than specific. If I say 'hey, newbie from England', that attracts more attention than 'Hey I'm from Woking' because there's more people in England than in Woking.

Also, Aimless lives in Virginia... erm. Aye. :lol:

mikeseagle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 8:06 pm

Moog wrote:
I think possibly a non specific location works better than specific. If I say 'hey, newbie from England', that attracts more attention than 'Hey I'm from Woking' because there's more people in England than in Woking.

Next time I introduce myself I will say "Hi, newbie from planet Earth" :P Maybe a little too non specific :)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 9:57 pm

Moog wrote:

I was just being silly.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2011, 8:35 am

Aimless wrote:
Moog wrote:

I was just being silly.

Is it nice there?

Also, yes Mike, a little too non specific.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2011, 9:02 am

Moog wrote:
Aimless wrote:
Moog wrote:

I was just being silly.

Is it nice there?

Also, yes Mike, a little too non specific.

Yes, I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains that are part of the Appalachias. They are some of the oldest mountain ranges in the world and thought to have formed over the millenia when Pangia formed and then broke apart again. It is thought that the same range continues up into Scotland and Ireland. I saw part of a documentary about the Appalachias that said because of what was once Pangia,there are a few species of plants and animals that are only found in the Appalachias or in China and nowhere else, which I thought was kind of cool.The Blue Ridge looks blue because of a reaction between the atmosphere and a gas emitted by the pine trees. The town I live in was once known as " Big Lick". I kind of wish it still was. :)