Page 22 of 24 [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 11:53 pm

^ very cute! a dog and a cat relaxing together!

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 1:13 am

jk1 wrote:
^ very cute! a dog and a cat relaxing together!

Sadly they don't do this as much since the cat has grown up. Unless it's really cold. :lol:

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 2:03 am

Moomingirl wrote:

They're both Torties! :D

Moomingirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 3:18 am

Naughty torties. :lol:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 7:27 am

this will probably dissolve into a "three dot" post tomorrow once i wake up and realize i may have infringed copyrights due to the music. i played it, but i did not write it and the copyright rules include a rule that says that i can not post even a reproduction of the original song.

sony BMG has threatened me on a number of occasions and i do not want to get into trouble.

but here is a video of my family of mice when i lived at thornleigh. i can not understand why people hate mice.
they think that mice are dirty and disease carrying, and they also think that mice breed like rabbits.

well my mice used to gather on the cement threshold of my garage at 5 pm every day in expectation of me feeding them.

i used to give them just enough food to satisfy them and no more. there was always about 8 mice, and they did not breed out of control because there was insufficient food for them to do so.

while they waited, i saw them preening themselves. they are fastidiously clean, and they preen their whiskers and lick themselves like cats do.

every mouse had a different personality and i could recognize each of them singularly.

they are so small and vulnerable and i loved them fully. they were always afraid of potential enemies like hawks and owls etc. once a hawk snatched a mouse away while i was there and it almost killed me to see.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQr4IEaVbLw[/youtube]

i trimmed bits out of the video that were boring.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 7:52 am

here is the alpha possum who was the boss when i lived at thornleigh (my house was resumed by the council because they needed to put a road through it and i was forced to go. i was devastated and so were my animal friends.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9lSD5AfCAE[/youtube]

here is a picture of a baby possum that i saved. he was a tiny little possum that used to be on his mothers back when she came to visit me. one day, he turned up by himself, but he was still too small to not be on his mothers back, and so i knew his mother had died

the only place he could turn to was me. he was the size of a small kitten when he showed up alone at my door. by george i was compelled to care for him. he trusted me and slept inside my house until i was booted out by the progress of human development. he would have died i think because he was still too small to survive in the wild. i could not take him with me because i was forced out of my house by police during the day time when he was outside. i lost him and he lost me and..... i can not say how much i hated humanity after that. this was the last photo i ever took of him before we lost each other.

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 8:06 am

I think mice are cute, and I'm glad you were able to enjoy their company.

Zombie369
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2013, 12:36 pm

I think I now have a cat who found me. :P For the past couple of weeks this beautiful male shorthair cat with greyish white fur and blue eyes has been coming in my backyard and eating with my other cats. I got him to come up to me a few times and he will actually let me pick him up and pet him. His fur color kind of reminds me of a sea shell and his eyes remind me of the ocean, so I think I want to name him Neptune after the God of the Sea. :)

I was very angry and upset when I lost not just one but two of my cats, especially one that I had forever that I had raised from a kitten. But now I have a new friend to keep me company. :) I can't let him in the house yet because he hasn't been fixed but if we can ever afford to take him to the vet and get him fixed I may try to bring him inside and see how he does. He's a very sweet cat.

Cabunga
Butterfly
Butterfly

CheredIsTyping
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jul 2013, 5:23 am

It's me and my Riker! I said "cheese" because my phone has voice command... and he looked around for the cheese... lol

CheredIsTyping
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jul 2013, 5:24 am

It's me and my Riker! I said "cheese" because my phone has voice command... and he looked around for the cheese... lol

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 6:05 pm

I also love mice and rats. :O)

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jul 2013, 7:09 pm

KoolPuppy
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jul 2013, 2:09 pm

I used to be OBSESSED with cats when I was waaayyy younger! Now I still have a cat (though not the same one), a dog and a few pet chickens (not for meat... just for pets)! :) I love them all. :)

ParaSait
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2013, 7:47 pm

This is my beloved cat, Puvis.
She is lazy.

Tomzy95
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2013, 3:03 am

Heres my Doggy!

[img][800:600]http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx11/carroll95_photo/fiji2011015.jpg[/img]