Does anyone else wonder which problems are caused by ASP?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Dfect
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Mar 2011, 6:16 pm

Does anyone else wonder which problems are caused by ASP, and which are just normal problems that everyone has? Like, you think "Does everyone have to deal with this or is it just me..."

Example: My mind works in mysterious ways. I have lots of knowledge about lots of things floating around in there, but it never comes up when I need it. Like when I'm actually doing something where the knowledge would be useful, it doesn't come into my mind. But it will come up at random times.

And I think, is this something everyone suffers from and just learns to deal with, or is it ASP related...

Your thoughts? Am I making any sense? ;-P

TB
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 9:19 pm

its not really a matter of aspergers caused x more like aspergers influenced all conditions in your life which totalled led to x. So yeah aspergers is partially responsible for ALL your problems. You just have to make up your mind on how large a part that is.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 9:42 pm

Yup. I have a great memory, but I also have no memory at all whatsoever. Let me give you an example. One time I needed to change some BIOS settings on my computer. So I restart it (this takes about two minutes). Next thing I know, my computer is already on and running, and I have to restart it again. It's not that I forgot to push F4 on startup, I just didn't remember. I think I ended up restarting 8 times before I actually remembered to push F4 immediately after the beep. I blame this on my inability to multitask, which is caused by my neurological condition.

Another problem I suspect is related to AS is my slow reaction timing. Just about everything takes me twice as long as it does other people. Every time someone asks my a question I always end up saying uuughhh.... for at least a second or two before I can spit out an answer. It makes me look like a total idiot, so I'll often times pretend not to hear them by saying "what?" so that I can buy myself some time to think of a response. It's also annoying that I only seem to be an average student in reading and writing on my SAT, and slightly above average in math, but only because I did not get to finish. I knew the answers. The questions weren't hard. I was flying through them like I never had before, but yet I still only managed to complete about 75% of the test. I'm almost always the last one to finish, but I almost always get the highest grades back, even without studying. It really pisses me off.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 10:34 pm

Sometimes my problems are caused by ESP.

Dfect
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Mar 2011, 12:11 am

SammichEater wrote:
Yup. I have a great memory, but I also have no memory at all whatsoever. Let me give you an example. One time I needed to change some BIOS settings on my computer. So I restart it (this takes about two minutes). Next thing I know, my computer is already on and running, and I have to restart it again. It's not that I forgot to push F4 on startup, I just didn't remember. I think I ended up restarting 8 times before I actually remembered to push F4 immediately after the beep. I blame this on my inability to multitask, which is caused by my neurological condition.

Another problem I suspect is related to AS is my slow reaction timing. Just about everything takes me twice as long as it does other people. Every time someone asks my a question I always end up saying uuughhh.... for at least a second or two before I can spit out an answer. It makes me look like a total idiot, so I'll often times pretend not to hear them by saying "what?" so that I can buy myself some time to think of a response. It's also annoying that I only seem to be an average student in reading and writing on my SAT, and slightly above average in math, but only because I did not get to finish. I knew the answers. The questions weren't hard. I was flying through them like I never had before, but yet I still only managed to complete about 75% of the test. I'm almost always the last one to finish, but I almost always get the highest grades back, even without studying. It really pisses me off.

Bro I know what you mean. Thing is though, what's the solution to all this? Everyone complains of these similar problems but still there is NO SOLUTION?

Seriously, are we just expected to put up with this kind of thing for the rest of our lives? f**k that, I'd rather kill myself.

Xenia
Raven
Raven

19 Mar 2011, 1:56 am

SammichEater wrote:

These both apply to me too, I have done exactly that with the computer and always seemed to fail to finish exam papers just through lack of time. I often take too long to respond when speaking too, sometimes I say 'what' to buy time, when I was younger I would often just stare at them, by the time I had an answer I always felt that the moment to respond had passed so I said nothing.

It can all be frustrating at the time but I don't find it that big an issue, exam grades are still high enough to make use of in the next stage of life, the computer did get sorted it just took a bit longr than I would have liked but thats not the worst thing that can happen. The talking, it improves, tactics like saying 'what' all the time help, people get used to you or just have to put up with it.