Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2011, 9:16 pm

I'm making mistakes left and right today. :-) This is usual for me since I'm having IMO a rather good happy day for once, though I get what I did wrong (Thankfully.) I was at my sister Erica's house and we had just got done disccussing that her Boxer Molly had maybe 4 more years left. Logan (her son/ my nephew about 4yr. old) came and hugged on Molly I spoke outloud "I wonder what he's going to do when she dies." Mom & Erica yelled at me for it. Obviously I wouldn't want to upset Logan and perhaps just blurting that outright is wrong. Sadly Logan and Molly are REALLY close she lays on him he hugs her they are SUPER close so it will be sad when she does die.

Obviously blurting out what I did was wrong. (I tend to blurt stuff out a lot one of my #1 social skill issues) stating my mind/blurting stuff out without thinking ahead of time.) :-) He didn't hear me say that about Molly but as adults we know she has maybe 4 yrs. left in her and then she'll probably die (Boxers don't live long.) He goes to a private Church school so he has learned of Heaven/God and a better place and has even been to a funeral so perhaps talking of God and mentioning religion on top of photos of Molly will make the transition easier when that time eventually comes. Logan's parents have already mentioned getting a new boxer when Molly's death does come to pass so that's good. :-)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2011, 9:44 pm

Honestly I don't see how that was wrong. It's your family again.

Boggsey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2011, 10:21 pm

It probably wasn't the best thing to say, but I don't see the point in not talking about. My younger cousin's dog died and they didn't tell him which I thought was odd. As for when Molly does die, telling him that she is in heaven does help. It worked for my little brother when our dog died.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 6:14 am

Your family are the ones who are screwing up, not you.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 6:38 am

A 4 year old is likely to forget about this very quick as he is probably not very clear yet about what death means....your family is weird, though.