Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 10:38 am

Oh well my school (George Mason University) tried but no more leading up to Sweet 16. At least George Mason was first place in Colonial and was one of 64 schools, and then 32 schools. But Ohio State is better. But just because a college is a higher seed that doesn't mean that they will always win. I remember 2006 and how my school made it to Final Four.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGHQ6xpnahI

I got Sweet 16, Elite 8, and Final 4 shirts from 2006. Too big for me since I ordered a mens large. Oh well. I was hoping for repeat this year. Now I got to wait till next year. :(

Anyone else watching the game? Is your college part of Sweet 16?

I don't watch the ladies NCAA. I don't even think George Mason ladies made it.

:( Sad day today.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

JeremyNJ1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2011, 10:48 am

I am a Rutgers fan, because my alma mater, Montclair State University, doesn't have a good team. Rutgers is going to do well next year, hopefully for us. I went to the Uconn/Louisville game last weekend at Madison Square Garden in New York, as a neutral big east fan. I hope Uconn takes out a lot of teams behind kemba walker. Sorry about your loss, but just know ohio state is most likely going to the championship game.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 11:33 am

Not sure if George Mason beat Ohio State in 2006.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 7:10 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
Not sure if George Mason beat Ohio State in 2006.

Actually they beat Michigan State, North Carolina, Wichita State, and Connecticut in 2006.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 7:11 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
Oh well my school (George Mason University) tried but no more leading up to Sweet 16. At least George Mason was first place in Colonial and was one of 64 schools, and then 32 schools. But Ohio State is better. But just because a college is a higher seed that doesn't mean that they will always win. I remember 2006 and how my school made it to Final Four.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGHQ6xpnahI

I got Sweet 16, Elite 8, and Final 4 shirts from 2006. Too big for me since I ordered a mens large. Oh well. I was hoping for repeat this year. Now I got to wait till next year. :(

Anyone else watching the game? Is your college part of Sweet 16?

I don't watch the ladies NCAA. I don't even think George Mason ladies made it.

:( Sad day today.

George Mason Women Basketball has never made it to the Big Dance yet.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 9:10 am

Jerry

You went or go to GMU or any local schools in VA? VCU is the underdog in this years Final Four just like GMU was the underdogs back in 2006. There is always next year.

PinkFeelingBlue
Raven
Raven

29 Mar 2011, 12:51 pm

I don't follow any particular team but I love March Madness. Especially this year. No higher seeds, games that go down to the wire. High hopes, crushing defeats, busted brackets. Kids playing because they love the game, not because they are waiting to be recruited to the NBA.

And then the NIT, I love watching those games, the kids seem so relaxed and having fun.

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2011, 2:53 pm

If you haven't heard already, my school (VCU) has made it into the final four in mens' basketball. Words cannot describe how excited I am for this :D . If VCU can beat #1-seeded Kansas, then chances are that VCU will win the entire NCAA March Madness tourney :).

There was a final four party in Richmond on Sunday (right after VCU beat Kansas). Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYzS3fjgLS0.

If you think that party was insane, imagine the kind of party that would happen if VCU actually wins the entire tournament 8O.

JeremyNJ1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Mar 2011, 3:04 pm

chssmstrjk wrote:
If you haven't heard already, my school (VCU) has made it into the final four in mens' basketball. Words cannot describe how excited I am for this :D . If VCU can beat #1-seeded Kansas, then chances are that VCU will win the entire NCAA March Madness tourney :).

There was a final four party in Richmond on Sunday (right after VCU beat Kansas). Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYzS3fjgLS0.

If you think that party was insane, imagine the kind of party that would happen if VCU actually wins the entire tournament 8O.

Congrats...Shaka Smart is a superb coach right now...hope you can keep him after the season. My team ( Rutgers) is looking forward to a good year next year, and potentially a bid for the tourney.

mra1200
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2011, 10:36 pm

chssmstrjk wrote:

I'm rooting for that to happen! It's funny the connections I have with them, as I grew up in Virginia, went to high school in the same town as VCU's coach (Madison, WI, he actually graduated a year after I did), and lived in the town where one of their players is from (Savannah, GA). If that wasn't enough, I love underdogs, so GO VCU!! !

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2011, 6:16 am

JeremyNJ1984 wrote:
chssmstrjk wrote:

Congrats...Shaka Smart is a superb coach right now...hope you can keep him after the season. My team ( Rutgers) is looking forward to a good year next year, and potentially a bid for the tourney.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 12:59 pm

I thought about transferring to VCU after getting my associates, but then I decided on GMU. NOVA/GMU has a close relationship.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 10:02 am

luvsterriers wrote:
Jerry

You went or go to GMU or any local schools in VA? VCU is the underdog in this years Final Four just like GMU was the underdogs back in 2006. There is always next year.

Went and graduated from Mason. VCU had a good run but Brad Stevens and Butler had the experience in their hands. Besides VCU has to play at Fairfax next year in CAA play hehe.