Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

silver22
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2011, 6:39 am

Let the right one in - very good film.

Twilight was watchable but a bit wanky. I liked the scene where he floated through the trees.

Imo, Interview with a Vampire is a US film more comparable to Let the right one in.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 1:30 pm

Bethie wrote:
I've never understood that particular criticism of Twilight-
that vampires are "supposed to" be this, and werewolves "supposed to" be that...

as if the entire concept existed objectively outside made-up human fantasy. :lol:

It'd be a "misrepresentation" to show chimps in the wild eating hamburgers.
Vampires and werewolves being moral, appealing characters?
That's just one take of many on a human fantasy, which was inspired and altered and changed countless times before,
including in the process of bringing the "original" concepts to life.

I know, but I have concepts of many mythical creatures in my head and I no likey when people do something else with them (mostly, I've been pleasantly surprised). :)

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 3:39 pm

I've seen Let the Right One in and Let Me In, and I've bought them both as I enjoyed them so much. Is enjoyed the right word? I don't know, but they were both very good. I was actually surprised at how good Let Me In is, as remakes aren't always that great. Anyway, in my opinion, vampires should be grim, and gritty, and there should be blood and fear and darkness.

If not those, then there should at least be humour and heart a la Buffy.

I've seen Twilight, and the second one... I can't remember its name. And they were ok. But just so teen sanitised safe. They're more about romance and teen angst than vampires. Actually the werewolf in the second film was far more um.. interesting.