Mmm.... Tertiary butylhydroquinone...

it's butylhydroquinone-ilicious!

:eew:

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 11:53 pm

Musicprophets wrote:
f**k i just had chicken nuggets tonight. oh well. its all about moderation. bad sh** with the good sh** equals itself out. and oh yeah exercise and cardio. and cut down on sodium and caffeine. but hey its at least better than crack cocaine. am i right or am i right?

Moderation is everything.

Over a life time, say a person ate chicken nuggets once a week I would say the effects could do more damage than smoking crack one time a month. The effects of fast food are slow and hardly noticeable. Especially the MSG compounds added to it. They are the worst of all.

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 1:13 am

1.) My friend had one of his friends get hepatitis and had to take him to the hospital, The doctor told him to stay away from Taco Bell specifically.

2.) Eating fast food constantly is definitely dangerous to your health.

3.) That being said, this article still blows things out of proportions. Joe Mercola believes drinking raw milk is perfectly safe, among other sketchy health practices; he is one of the biggest quacks out there. Please do not take anything he says seriously. Some of his stuff could kill people outright.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 1:34 am

HerrGrimm wrote:
3.) That being said, this article still blows things out of proportions. Joe Mercola believes drinking raw milk is perfectly safe, among other sketchy health practices; he is one of the biggest quacks out there. Please do not take anything he says seriously. Some of his stuff could kill people outright.

That shows how much you know. The Dr for starters knows a lot better than most, and Raw milk is definitely healthier than the pasteurised equivalent which is lacking in nutrients.

These are the problems associated with Milk:
http://notmilk.com/
http://www.realmilk.com/rawvpasteur.html

To be honest Cows milk is not healthy for humans unless it is Raw or at least completely Organic. Especially in America where a lot of it contains Bovine Growth Hormone. It has a Calcium to Magnesium ratio of 12 to 1, which leaves people at serious risk of developing Magnesium deficiency if they drink quite a lot of milk.

Better alternatives for calcium is broccoli, chia seeds and hemp seeds as a couple examples. Lots of seeds. nuts and vegetables contain calcium and can meet the requirements if people are willing to add up the numbers.

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 2:13 am

PatrickNeville wrote:
That shows how much you know. The Dr for starters knows a lot better than most, and Raw milk is definitely healthier than the pasteurised equivalent which is lacking in nutrients.

Right, humans are supposed to drink human milk in reality, not cow's milk. But still...here's my source.

So, you think Dr. Mercola's right? How about when he wrote a story about homeopathy curing autism? Do you believe that? I wonder how many people on this forum actually do. Why haven't you tried that if you want to be cured? Have you told this to other people with autism who want to be cured? That would really help them.

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 7:35 am

I made a mistake with the links. The 'curing autism' link is accidentally the Google search. It is the second link from the top. You can cheat the system by scrolling up and down.

It sounds like he thinks this happened. He also said to get the book.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 12:19 pm

HerrGrimm wrote:
PatrickNeville wrote:

Right, humans are supposed to drink human milk in reality, not cow's milk. But still...here's my source.

So, you think Dr. Mercola's right? How about when he wrote a story about homeopathy curing autism? Do you believe that? I wonder how many people on this forum actually do. Why haven't you tried that if you want to be cured? Have you told this to other people with autism who want to be cured? That would really help them.

I agree with you about drinking human milk. It would be much healthier for all of us.

I still think Raw milk is going to be better for people than pasteurised. It is essentially killing off a lot of nutrients and I've met a great deal of people who have been in better health when drinking it, then became ill when they started to drink pasteurised. I am not an expert though so I would need to look into it a lot further.

Homoeopathy is something I know practically nothing of, but I still think the majority of nutritional info from Dr Mercola's website is some of the best available. Edit: even if it is effective in some ways it definitely wont "cure" autism.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 12:39 pm

HerrGrimm wrote:
1.) My friend had one of his friends get hepatitis and had to take him to the hospital, The doctor told him to stay away from Taco Bell specifically.

2.) Eating fast food constantly is definitely dangerous to your health.

Whilst I'm leary of Mercola, I think that raw milk is better than pasteurised, if properly stored and consumed while fresh, or better, nicely fermented and turned into yoghurt or kefir.

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 12:57 pm

Mercola's info is still dangerous. He is very anti-vaccine, believes baking soda can cure cancer, and has a section about chiropractic on infants and newborns when no competent chiropractor (whole other story there) would ever do that because their spines are still developing. Seriously, while the nutrition stuff may be good, some other things could really harm and kill people, so watch out.

The article really said it cured autism, but I will drop it now.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 1:28 pm

HerrGrimm wrote:
Mercola's info is still dangerous. He is very anti-vaccine, believes baking soda can cure cancer, and has a section about chiropractic on infants and newborns when no competent chiropractor (whole other story there) would ever do that because their spines are still developing. Seriously, while the nutrition stuff may be good, some other things could really harm and kill people, so watch out.

The article really said it cured autism, but I will drop it now.

Ok but you are picking on individual things. On the whole he does great in my opinion.]

I think the baking soda thing is because that it can be used as an Alkalising compound, since cancer thrives is an acidic environment. I use it for treating Candida.

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 1:33 pm

No, it is because he believes fungi cause cancer. The baking soda gets rid of the fungus.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 1:49 pm

I'd assume that baking soda would only have been part of the treatment. The other part would certainly have to be a well thought out diet.. Baking soda alone would not do the job.

Bookgirl14
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Mar 2011, 2:03 pm

The scary thing is that when I was younger chicken nuggets from Mickey D's was one of the very few things I would eat. I wonder what kind of damage I've done to my body because I ate them very often. Luckily I haven't eaten them for about ten years now. :D

Quote:
I made a mistake with the links. The 'curing autism' link is accidentally the Google search. It is the second link from the top. You can cheat the system by scrolling up and down.

It sounds like he thinks this happened. He also said to get the book.

I read the article and it sounded like an infomercial for the book. He didn't specify any research to back up this woman's claims. Sounds like there's something fishy going on here.

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 2:32 pm

Fast food, mainly fat, sweets, and salts tickle our brains.

Since sweet, salt, and fat are not natural compounds of the natural world, we've been biological programmed to really really like these things.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 2:36 pm

Pandora_Box wrote:
Fast food, mainly fat, sweets, and salts tickle our brains.

Since sweet, salt, and fat are not natural compounds of the natural world, we've been biological programmed to really really like these things.

Do you have any kind of source or study to back this up or it's just your opinion, based on your preference? I hate the taste of fast food. Any person I've ever met who was exposed and had access to quality, properly cooked fresh food wouldn't touch fast food.