Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

21 Mar 2011, 6:31 pm

it really saddens me when I am logging in. People commenting om each others status in news feed. When i put something witty on my status. I practically see digital tumble weeds bouncing across the site!! ! But everybody else puts something rather stupid and people are all over them like a bad rash!! ! Why add me if your not going to talk to me? Is Facebook A competition of who has the most friends or something?! Dam NT's! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: But at least I wont get ignored here on WP!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 8:07 pm

I don't comment much on Facebook. I can use it to look at peoples profiles and their photos and to read and see what my buddies post.

HybridSoul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2011, 8:16 pm

I just use it to scrutinize my buddies and mess with them..

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 8:20 pm

As a rule of thumb, the more you spam.. I mean, update your status, the more people will notice and perhaps comment.

Most people have about 70+ 'friends' and it's easy for individual updates to get lost in the stream of constant updates. It really isn't anything personal.

Secondly, the more bland and generic your update, the more people will 'me too' it.

Example: "I hate work :(" will get about 10 times more responses than something complex/irrelevant to their own lives, no matter how witty it may seem to you.

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

21 Mar 2011, 8:25 pm

HybridSoul wrote:

Well i hope it is to NT's Not us

HybridSoul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2011, 8:46 pm

bigbadbeast2007 wrote:
HybridSoul wrote:

Well i hope it is to NT's Not us

I'm the only kid with Aspergers that I know of...Unless one of my friends has the disorder and has yet to inform me - which is unlikely; they all act as normal as anyone would - but it might be easier to hide for some people.

Witch
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2011, 9:24 pm

I can tell you that Myspace is the same way . I tried Facebook, and gave up-except for Farmville.

For what it's worth, it seems that these social networks are a waste of time and effort. If you don't already have a clique of friends, then it's not a place to find friends.

Sometimes a dog or cat can be your best friend.

Later

georgewbush
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2011, 10:02 pm

Do keep in mind that everything is proportionate.

If a person has 1000 friends, it is easy for their status to get 20 likes.

If a person only has 100 friends, they may be lucky to get 5.

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

22 Mar 2011, 12:05 am

georgewbush wrote:
Do keep in mind that everything is proportionate.

If a person has 1000 friends, it is easy for their status to get 20 likes.

If a person only has 100 friends, they may be lucky to get 5.

id never have that many freinds in this lifetime

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 3:20 am

I constantly erase annoying posters and add only people I don't mind. Which tend to be inactive mostly - which leaves me with only abour 2-3 people who's posts I actually view. All of which are lame - leaving me free to post and be the master of facebook...

Even if I'm all alone.

Mostly family, so reading this post makes me feel better. Because I didn't think about it but most other people do have many more friends and post about more neutral topics. Like Charlie Sheen.

stargazing
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2011, 11:56 am

bigbadbeast2007 wrote:
it really saddens me when I am logging in. People commenting om each others status in news feed. When i put something witty on my status. I practically see digital tumble weeds bouncing across the site!! ! But everybody else puts something rather stupid and people are all over them like a bad rash!! ! Why add me if your not going to talk to me? Is Facebook A competition of who has the most friends or something?! Dam NT's! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: But at least I wont get ignored here on WP!

It's possible that your posts paint a tangible picture of someone trying too hard to get attention. Remember that AS makes it really difficult to judge how things come off to others, and the "between the lines" stuff is much more apparent to NTs. It is very easy to miss. Another tendency of aspies is to focus on details and miss the big picture, which makes it all the more likely to post a status and think about the specific things about what you typed that are witty and clever, and miss the fact that you have posted several witty comments in a few days' time which looks like someone trying too hard. I've learned this from personal experience!

Another thing I have found when it comes to facebook is that the frequency of people leaving comments and "likes" is dependent upon many different factors, such as the fact that people log into facebook with extremely varied frequency. Some people rarely ever log in at all, some people log in much less often than you might think, some are on very often but occasionally aren't on for longer periods of time due to things like vacations or just being too busy at times, some are on often but simply don't leave comments very much at all for one reason or another, etc.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 12:45 pm

I haven't read the other comments but I'm assuming someone pointed out to you that Facebook will control someone's friends feed, only showing them status updates and posts from people who comment and generally interact with them. The person with a thousand responses to "omg! evrything w ranch is WIN!!" has probably spent the time commenting on the thousand people. Facebook picking and choosing based on their formula of interaction is the default unless someone changes the setting to see ALL their friends' updates.

It's probably that you're not commenting to other people enough to get on their magic Facebook formula radar so they don't even know you posted a super witty status update.

Nicholas1000x
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2011, 1:38 pm

Even if i am just being nice to people people still didnt respond and when i talked to them they dissapear off somewhere and dont reply again

Iv deactivated my facebook bigbad if it annoys you dont use it

Musicprophets
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Mar 2011, 10:39 pm

while im generally ignored on my fb with the few dozen "friends" of mine, i always find it interesting that people seem to respond when there is some f*****g drama going on. but if its just the run of the mill BS, then no response. but in the end who cares? its just another thing for people to blab about BS no one gave a f**k 10 years ago. fb is the free form of crack for the young and the old. its all BS. who cares if u check in on four square at a f*****g restaurant and who cares what pic you just took of some pretty food dish and who cares if you like movies and other obscure pop culture phenom BS. and oh yeah people who talk about their kids or their babies all of the god damn time, please shut the hell up. no one cares. your 800 friends dont care either, and neither do you.

BadBones
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Mar 2011, 12:07 am

The same kind of thing happens to me. People don't really seem to notice my statuses or anything on my profile. But to be honest, who cares? It's just a social networking site.

mickeymouse
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Mar 2011, 8:01 pm

FB sucks. I have been deleting friends on FB since I got on 4 years ago but somehow? they just keep multiplying like maggots rising from tiny unseen eggs, buried deep inside the undead flesh that binds humanity to the unknown cavern inside a fractured mind.

I only keep FB alive to get an update from siblings and a son in Fla. The update thingy is futile. I've recently come out of the closet about my AS on FB.... after 30 years of hiding inside an enigma wrapped in mystery buried under the smoldering ashes, I come alive. after 30 years of listening to people telling me, your really weird but in a good way. I get zero responses on my FB AS update, par for the course.... I guess?

Cautionary Note: See Below;

Subject appears unstable and prefers to be left alone.