Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Wyldfaery
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2011, 5:13 am

My favorite album that can be considered to be classed as industrial is, by far, SETI by The Kovenant; it's awesome. 8)

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 10:21 am

Zokk wrote:
Anyone else here into industrial, industrial rock, industrial metal, nu-metal and the like?

I feel like I'm kind of alone here in my musical taste. I'm not into most of the music that people here seem to like a lot. I don't really consider pretty much any music that was made before the 90s to be anything particularly great or special in some way. Not 'crunchy' enough for me, really. I like music with a prominent bass line and heavy rhythm, with a strong back-beat. Most pre-90s music doesn't really have that, or enough of it, to catch my interest.

I like bands like Celldweller, Nine Inch Nails, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Marilyn Manson, SAM, and a bunch of others along those lines. And I may like nu-metal, but by no means do I like straight-up rap and hip hop. Nor do I like "core" music, like death-, black-, doom-, and other kinds of wall-of-noise metal, either; that includes screamo. I'm pretty much a straight-up current rock and metal guy, with those exceptions.

Anyone else here with similar tastes?

Hell yeah. I love industrial. Stuff like Celldweller, Combichrist, Angelspit, Rammstein, T3RR0R 3RR0R, Godflesh, Agonoize, Grendel, . I know I've mentioned this several times in other posts, but I have a 12" Kicker subwoofer powered by a 1250w Power Acoustik amp in the trunk of my car and nothing compares when listening to Industrial when you have a system like that. Rattles the skin off your bones. Lately I've been listening to this a lot while driving.......and unintentionally driving 20mph over the speed limit :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGbxPN2SAZI[/youtube]

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 10:23 am

Wyldfaery wrote:
My favorite album that can be considered to be classed as industrial is, by far, SETI by The Kovenant; it's awesome. 8)

Incredible album. Took awhile to grow on me though. His voice was different from previous albums, so it took some getting used to. Those guys seriously need to release a new album. Its been something like I don't know....6 or 7 years?

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 10:27 am

Sorry for posting a lot, but if you like Celldweller then you'll probably like Blue Stahli as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR_TAFrOX-A[/youtube]

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 4:41 pm

Zokk wrote:
Anyone else here into industrial, industrial rock, industrial metal, nu-metal and the like?

I feel like I'm kind of alone here in my musical taste. I'm not into most of the music that people here seem to like a lot. I don't really consider pretty much any music that was made before the 90s to be anything particularly great or special in some way. Not 'crunchy' enough for me, really. I like music with a prominent bass line and heavy rhythm, with a strong back-beat. Most pre-90s music doesn't really have that, or enough of it, to catch my interest.

I like bands like Celldweller, Nine Inch Nails, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Marilyn Manson, SAM, and a bunch of others along those lines. And I may like nu-metal, but by no means do I like straight-up rap and hip hop. Nor do I like "core" music, like death-, black-, doom-, and other kinds of wall-of-noise metal, either; that includes screamo. I'm pretty much a straight-up current rock and metal guy, with those exceptions.

Anyone else here with similar tastes?

I like the 60's and 70's and 80's music now, but before that, I used to have the same opinion as you do, and I still like those bands you mentioned. Celldweller is AWESOME. The first time I listened to Aerosmith's Greatest Hits album, I thought it was a bootleg or something. "What? I thought they were hard rock?? Where's the freakin noise? How did these guys ever become popular? Pansies!" People change I guess. But depending on my mood, if I have lots of energy, I NEED that up tempo heavy rhythm.

Wyldfaery
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2011, 1:27 am

Katatonic wrote:
Those guys seriously need to release a new album. Its been something like I don't know....6 or 7 years?

Absolutely; they keep saying that they're going to release Aria Galactica with every passing year but it never seems to happen :(

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 2:51 am

Katatonic wrote:
Sorry for posting a lot, but if you like Celldweller then you'll probably like Blue Stahli as well.

I actually already have all of Blue Sahli's (Bret's) music, and it's really good. Also most of Voicians', as well. I like a lot of the major Fixt artists. Sebastian Komor is another good one on Fixt. I'm really liking his new industrial metal project, Melt. I've also recently discovered SIDT, and rediscovered KMFDM and MDFMK; both of which I haven't heard in forever, and forgot how much I liked.

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 10:00 am

I never could get in to KMFDM. I can't explain why really.......just too............happy sounding most of the time. Though I did love the song "Anarchy" and some other song where a woman's talking in the background about how useless society is or something

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 8:43 pm

Katatonic wrote:
some other song where a woman's talking in the background about how useless society is or something

Yep. the song's called Dogma. I love Lucia's voice, too, especially in that one. And happy? KMFDM? Happy? I can understand if you mean uptempo, but not upbeat or positive. I've been listening to Witch Hunt by MDFMK a lot lately, as a side note.

2010Dolby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2011, 9:40 pm

metallica, slayer, megadeth, anthrax, municipal waste, devastation, burn the priest.

mmm mmm mmmmmmmmmmm

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 3:22 am

Best metal band Cradle Of Filth.