Does age affect an Aspie's chances in the dating scene?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ashmeister
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Mar 2011, 2:54 am

I heard that Aspies have problem finding girlfriends or settling down as they get older, like around their late 20s to 30 to 40 or so, from some online I went before. I just wanna clarify 'cause I myself am now 21-going-on-22 and it'll take me some years like college and such before I am able to date, like around my late 20s to early 30s, which is kinda freaking me out seeing as Aspies in my home country, Singapore, are unable to get girlfriends or boyfriends or even date due to the extreme prejudice and social stigma here in Singapore (yeah, it's that bad here) and that the only way I'm ever to get one myself is if I went to a country socially accepting enough to allow Aspies to date, like the US for example. Not only that, forgive me if I sound rather shallow here but I don't actually do girls who are 4 years younger than me or below nor do I do girls who are older than me (Yeah I admit I sound really very shallow here but it's not that I don't like those kind of girls. I just don't really feel any natural attraction to them like how gay guys aren't naturally attracted to women, that's all. I also don't feel any natural attraction to other types of girls).

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 3:11 am

I think age will affect ANYONE's chances in the dating scene.

Louise18
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Mar 2011, 9:29 am

I think it just affects the which people you will or will not have a chance with, not necessarily the overall number. If you're a guy, the older you get the more women will want to date you (women don't usually want a younger man)

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 10:33 am

I am a "senior" Aspie (44) and I don't have much trouble finding dates, a lot of trouble finding the right one though - but that's the same at every age... :wink: