Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

ci
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 5:47 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dNaZnZZxXA[/youtube]

Well folks the I Am Autism Video was removed by Autism Speaks. Even it made me kind of depressed but I don't think they intended to. You see there are lots of folks out there that just consider people like me lazy. I work 7 days a week myself and employ others with autism and DD's mostly doing candles and other products. It's supported by members of the community and is quite known here which I declared a PR war to achieve and am using the momentum for an area wide sponsored inclusion campaign for support workers to help individuals with DD to get a chance to contractually work very-part time at small and medium sized business locations onsite.

I wanted to say the psychology of the I Am Autism Video was to use the anxieties of the tax-payers about the expenses of disabilities in society and to come up with a solution with research. Now folks other then playing a few games here and there since I was ten I've been obsessed with working. I have bad sensory and transitional issues, am troubled with learning new tasks and do very well doing my own thing as customized employment. I have a support worker 6 days a week, a behaviorist and the support of local agencies in what I do.

The I am Autism Video was not hate however but was to emotionally burdensome for myself and I think others beyond the ideological agendas of others against the organization for other political issues and those that just hate the organization. So collectively they got told it was the wrong thing to do which I support. Autism Speaks to me is hugely successful and even if you don't agree with everything they say just study them. Don't become so polarized that compassion becomes the evil.

The I am Autism Video showed the societal hardships of a disability within society. It was not blaming people with autism for being a burden or attempting to make people hate people with autism. It however was more then likely seeing the disability as the obstacle and not the person. We can argue about how society may conform itself to differences to respect diversity and include it and I'd agree but this is not a world we live in that easily understands that so the techniques the video used while logical to purpose was in totality too powerful.

To much voodoo folks.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 6:48 am

I've never really supported Autism Speaks, anyways. I am not autism. I'm a rebel with a colourful personality. :)

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 10:04 am

what was this video about exactly and why is it so controvertial.i only have a cell phone and cant download video's

ci
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 4:57 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've never really supported Autism Speaks, anyways. I am not autism. I'm a rebel with a colourful personality. :)

The good and bad rebels and the ones in the middle.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

ci
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 4:58 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
what was this video about exactly and why is it so controvertial.i only have a cell phone and cant download video's

Your nose is growing longer.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 4:25 am

ci wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Your nose is growing longer.
i dont understand what you mean

ci
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 4:36 am

Means I think your fibbing like in Pinocchio cartoon. It was center piece of dispute. It comes down to how people view autism. Some take it very seriously, typically the highest of functioning who make the most noise and want to dictate the view of autism to the rest of us or else it's bigotry. Those are the ones in the autism awareness community who had the most adverse feelings to it. Autistic disorder differs from Asperger' syndrome for instance but people with A.S that want to fit in more for political reasons devised it as an identity instead. They want you to take everything personally so it leads more to their type of politics of controlling the image of autism for social instead of treatment purposes. See it was originally just a label that never implied the entire person let alone a social identity so the people who made the video were talking about simply what hinders a person and not a social ego identity.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 5:44 am

ok i understand,but what i dont understand is that if you said the the video is atacking the high functioning elite,than why would autism speaks want to ban it.i use the public library a lot and my mother inlaw has a laptop but me personaly i have a very very nice cell phone with unlimited web access.it doesnt do video or u tube very well

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 5:45 am

ok i understand,but what i dont understand is that if you said the the video is atacking the high functioning elite,than why would autism speaks want to ban it.i use the public library a lot and my mother inlaw has a laptop but me personaly i have a very very nice cell phone with unlimited web access.it doesnt do video or u tube very well

ci
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 12:26 pm

Psychosocially with social conditioning (programming) the individuals in political amass have been conditioned / programmed to interpret adverse idea to autism as adverse to the personality. In the socio-political circles of opposition to a cure folks have been prone to disliking autism speaks, cure and so on.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 12:34 pm

Autism speaks is VERY good at making money. No worries - they'll make another video and tailor the spin a bit. They'll keep making money.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 12:39 pm

I am getting dizzy. But this all is so very easy to understand.