Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

galilei
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2011, 2:39 pm

I don't want to go to prison.

Can somebody please tell me that schizophrenics do NOT use to do crimes?

Because I am so afraid that I will someday kill someone and end up in prison.

I am so afraid of prison that I often plan my own suicide in case I should kill someone, and end up with only planning to kill myself.

Last edited by galilei on 22 Mar 2011, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Mar 2011, 2:41 pm

Well...this is an easy 1! Firstly: DON'T KILL SOMEONE! I know the desire, it's strong with me too, but it's not worth it. I know VT passed a law, banning the incarceration of people with Autism, but they'd still throw you in a mental hospital. A jail is a jail.

galilei
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2011, 2:49 pm

gnatterfly wrote:
I know VT passed a law, banning the incarceration of people with Autism, but they'd still throw you in a mental hospital.

I've been to a mental hospital once and I panicked and couldn't eat and repeatedly asked the doctor if I had committed a crime and they said no, but I couldn't get into my head why I was there.

I am so afraid of what will happen to me if I ever were to get imprisoned.

I don't plan to kill anybody. I just have this anxiety that I will someday maybe kill someone or do other crimes (stealing an apple or kick a dog)

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 3:11 pm

Do you see a psychiatrist and are you on any medications for your schizophrenia? I'm no expert but I was under the impression this was necessary to control schizophrenia. You might not have these worries then and you would hopefully feel in control of yourself.

galilei
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2011, 3:19 pm

purchase wrote:
Do you see a psychiatrist and are you on any medications for your schizophrenia? I'm no expert but I was under the impression this was necessary to control schizophrenia. You might not have these worries then and you would hopefully feel in control of yourself.

I've been on antipsychotics for years. They help me a lot.

They don't take away my worries and anxiety for the world though.

I told my psychologist I had an urge to kill someone, then she said I will go to prison if I kill, then I wanted to kill myself. I don't know what would had happened if it wasn't because there was a second therapist with me :'(

gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Mar 2011, 3:52 pm

Oh my word! I hope you feel better soon! The GOOD news is, that you HAVEN'T killed anyone...that's a good start. Just know that I'm sure there's plenty of people who would miss you! Have you contacted a crisis center??

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 3:54 pm

Hmm. It seems (in my completely non-professional opinion) that you should either be on a supplementary medicine to control these OCD-ish sounding thoughts about doing something bad, or you should be in some sort of therapy like cognitive behavioral therapy, or both, cause there is no need for you to suffer through these irrational fears. I remember reading a description of a subset of OCD that sounds exactly what you are describing your experience as now, obsessive thoughts/worries that you will do something very bad. I've had these obsessive worries myself at points (irrational fears I would do violence to people) but not to the extent that you describe and it sounds very unpleasant and emotionally painful for you. I hope your psychiatrist can help if you tell them about this.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2011, 10:57 am

Don't worry about it, you're not going to kill anyone. People with schizophrenia are not homicidal maniacs, in fact you're more likely to be a victim of crime than a perpetrator.

It does sound like OCDish worrying, I'd talk to your psychiatrist about it. Hope you're feeling better soon.