Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2011, 5:29 pm

Being ADD and autistic, i found this video incredibly inspiring:
The Wayseer Manifesto

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 5:43 pm

Some older lady who goes to my clubhouse called me a wayseer one time and I didn't know what she was talking about.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 5:46 pm

Nicely done video

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 7:12 pm

Interesting, thank you for sharing it.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 8:02 pm

I'm wary of such fads.

kfisherx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 8:03 pm

anbuend wrote:
I'm wary of such fads.

LOL! I could not watch this video past the first 50 or so seconds. It was irritating and annoying and the guy said "nothing" to me. Just a bunch of words. (How broken am I?) :D :D :D :D

Gideon
Raven
Raven

23 Mar 2011, 8:44 pm

A bunch of silly new age spiritualism and feel good nonsense.

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 8:56 pm

otto9otto wrote:
i am a Wayseer. You?

I am a passer-by.

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 9:59 pm

Hmmmmm, let's see . . .
Strikingly good looking "founder" of the "movement" -
Check!

Hypnotic video. I mean, actually, calculatedly, hypnotic. Both visually and auditory.
Check!

Complete lack of any details about the point of the "movement" - either in the video or on the website -
Check!

Emotional appeal to everybody who feels rejected or undervalued -
Check!

Attempt to irrationally associate rejection and undervalued-ness with extremely successful people -
Check!

Exhorting people to display their nonconformity by joining the "movement" -
Check!

3 (three) "give us your email address" forms on the first page of the website -
Check!

5 (five) "please donate" or "buy this" links on the first page of the website -
Check!

Somebody behind the scenes laughing all the way to the bank -
Check, check and doublecheck!

Hey! They say they're looking for leaders! Maybe I can pretend to be a sucker - ummm, I mean, true believer and get in early enough to cash in too!

Sorry, I guess I'm just a tiny bit cynical. It's just, I've been taken for a ride often enough that I get suspicious when someone is urging me to get in their car.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 10:01 pm

A true wayseer would not fall for such a slickly produced video of cliches and platitudes.

Arminius
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Mar 2011, 10:21 pm

Wavefreak58, be nice. People need hope. When they grasp at false, trite, or silly things in search of something in which to believe, they should get compassion, not scorn. I am not a Wayseer, but I understand why one would want to be.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2011, 10:38 pm

Arminius wrote:
Wavefreak58, be nice. People need hope. When they grasp at false, trite, or silly things in search of something in which to believe, they should get compassion, not scorn. I am not a Wayseer, but I understand why one would want to be.

I was not being scornful. I was speaking truth (as I see it at least) If one wants to be a visionary, one must look beyond the trite and cliched. The search does not end with placing false hope found in a slick video. It begins when the slick video is seen for exactly what it is.

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 12:05 am

Something about this video, and the related website, didn't seem quite "right", so - I've spent a bit of time trying to find out what I can about this group, and am having a remarkably difficult time finding anything that doesn't come from them.

I did find this blog post (clicky: http://abundanthope.net/pages/Ron_71/Wayseer-Manifesto.shtml), which points out MANY of the details that seem a bit "off" when I view the video and look at their website.

Now, I want to point out that that seems to be a tinfoil hat wearing, conspiracy theorizing site! I do not know what all they believe, and there is some rather rant-like commentary in the last paragraph or two (like referring to the wayseer's founder as a "card carrying member of the Khazar oppression classes," whatever that might be! 0.o). I do not agree with every word on the linked page, but (if the rantish bits are ignored) I think they do a pretty good job of highlighting the things that make me skeptical of the motives behind the wayseer "movement."

torako
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2011, 12:59 am

why do they have a clip of aaron fotheringham? i don't recall anyone ever telling him he couldn't do what he does. HE HAS A CUSTOM-MADE WHEELCHAIR FOR GOD'S SAKE, NO ONE IS TELLING HIM HE CAN'T DO IT, WTF

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2011, 1:49 am

Watching this video has been my perfect end to a not so perfect day. Thank you for sharing it. :D

nananenburi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2011, 10:09 am

another_1 wrote:
Hmmmmm, let's see . . .

Somebody behind the scenes laughing all the way to the bank -
Check, check and doublecheck!

I think you are right. It looks like selfpromotion + promotion for the book written by this guy Garret LoPorto ( the same on the video). The book costs 35 bucks, you can get Attwood's at Amazon for 14...

"Garret LoPorto is an author who has made the most of the creative side of his mental disorder by writing and selling books about the ways he's found to cope with mental illness without medications. Garret promotes different techniques for people with bipolar disorder, ADHD, depression, schizophrenia, anxiety and many other mental disorders to use to improve quality of life."

Anyone here ever heard about him before?