Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jet102fm
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Mar 2011, 6:18 pm

Hi. Somehow with my physical disabilities that I have, it seems that one of these symptoms is a lower lip that slides in left or right direction when I speak and with crooked teeth. I also sound kind of odd when I speak (rather slow and deep nasaly). I need help, but my parents won't believe this problem. Can I help solve this "symptom"?

bjcirceleb
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Mar 2011, 5:25 am

Are you on any medications, as to me if this has only just started it could very well be related to side effects of medication. Either way you need to see a doctor, or ask a teacher at school that you trust to help you, etc.

Jet102fm
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Mar 2011, 2:00 pm

Yes. I do take medication but I think my mom is trying to tell me that I am being self-conscious, which I kind of believe.

Surreal
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2011, 5:30 pm

Lip Sliding Off When Speaking...

OH the images THAT conjures up!

I did not go looking for Asperger's...it found me by way of my Higher Power. Once we became acquainted, I found out that we had quite a bit in common and we became good friends. And then I landed on WrongPlanet!
</p>

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2011, 8:39 pm

Jet102fm wrote:
Yes. I do take medication but I think my mom is trying to tell me that I am being self-conscious, which I kind of believe.

Do you use antipsychotics (neuroleptics)? Using them may, among other things, lead to tardive dyskinesia, which it sounds like what it may be that you've started to get.

Read more in a thread of mine:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt144588.html

If you are using what I mentioned, you need to stop using them immediately. Otherwise it may become a permanent problem.