Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 6:07 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Quote:
Yeah there's definitely much worse waste but any waste is no good. Keep it high speed and low drag.
First need to prove it is a waste. When we worry about spending, you would have to focus on the large ones. A program that wastes thousands of dollars is literally nothing compared with trillions lost in bailouts and tax cuts.
Starting with the smallest things can go a long way towards being efficient. I am a penny pincher so I just think doing away with the little waste and then working your way up to the bigger sources of waste is the way to go. Money is a bottom up thing to me.

Orwell wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Yeah there's definitely much worse waste but any waste is no good. Keep it high speed and low drag.

Look, these programs would not even be a drop in the bucket. They're perhaps one water molecule in the dolphin tank at Sea World. And they have significant benefits. If you're worrying about the costs from the government promoting healthy lifestyles, you have been misdirected away from the real sources of government waste.
No there's obviously much bigger fish to fry, but I'm not gonna bring up all the obvious ones in a thread that pertains to childhood obesity. It might be a little molecule in the dolphin tank, but I doubt it'll have a ripple effect which is why I think it's pointless.

Quote:
Orwell wrote:
That's not such great advice unless coupled with more specific recommendations on portion control.
It's a rule of thumb and yes it is great advice. We used to hunt back then rather than go down to the nearest grocery store, so your body will hoard fat if you eat big meals. If you eat small meals however, you body will stop hoarding it and it will raise metabolism accordingly and burn fat.

I'm not disputing that it is true, but it has to be accompanied by much more specific information on what is a "small" meal, or it will be too easy to overeat.[/quote]Well this is PPR, I can elaborate on the Health forum. Yeah if you wanna see real results you gotta know your diet. Maybe if they funded research pertaining to willpower and came up with some groundbreaking results, I'd stand behind it. I just highly doubt it's gonna bring real results since it's not gonna be anything we haven't heard before. It reminds me too much of D.A.R.E.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 9:56 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The government isn't making eating the wrong foods illegal. It's only advising people to fight childhood obesity, as even the military sees this as a future problem in recruiting fit soldiers.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Today, that is so, but if you follow trends, government always starts by making suggestions. Then, when the issue becomes a "national crisis" they propose regulations and laws to "solve" the "problem."

Sometimes it's best to tell government to get out of our business.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 10:02 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The government isn't making eating the wrong foods illegal. It's only advising people to fight childhood obesity, as even the military sees this as a future problem in recruiting fit soldiers.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Today, that is so, but if you follow trends, government always starts by making suggestions. Then, when the issue becomes a "national crisis" they propose regulations and laws to "solve" the "problem."

Sometimes it's best to tell government to get out of our business.
Eaxlfy.u They alsys start small thrand then they builds thmeslves up[ incrementally.

Eisbaer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Oct 2015, 7:06 am

Technology evolves faster than we do. Previously, food was hard to come by without back breaking manual labor or sharp hunting skills. Now, food is hard NOT to come by and it takes more of an effort to AVOID IT. :viking: