Daily Show/Colbert Report 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
700 Club 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Not listed (please specify) 36%  36%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 22

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2011, 9:01 pm

Where do you go for news? This can be TV, radio, or online.

I listen primarily to the BBC on the radio, and Al-Jazeera as well.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2011, 9:28 pm

Mostly the Internet.

International News (Internet): BBC, Al-Jazeera, Maclean's, CTV, CBC, New York Times
Domestic (Canadian) News (Internet): CBC, CTV
Muncipial (Winnipeg) (Internet): The Winnipeg Fee Press, The Uniter, (occasionally) the Winnipeg Sun (for kicks and laughs at it's notorious conservatism), the WInnipeg BLogosphere (usually for reflection upon articles linked to other, more "credible", sites)

International News (TV): BBC World News, MSNBC, CBC, CTV
Domestic News: CBC, CTV
Muncipial News: Shaw TV Local (Winnipeg), CBC Winnipeg, CTV Winnipeg

Newspapers/Magazines: Winnipeg Free Press, Times Magazine, Newsweek, Maclean's, The Nation, The Winnipeg Sun (for laughs), National Post (for laughs), The National Review (for laughs)

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2011, 9:51 pm

Pretty much anything on the TV, newspaper, or the internet. I just take the news for what it's worth, and editorialism is worth nothing to me so I just take in the facts rather than the opinions or the interpretations of the facts. On the TV though, I mostly watch CNN and CP24.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2011, 10:08 pm

Mostly Der Spiegel, Huffington Post, and Moveon.org.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

georgewbush
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Mar 2011, 10:37 pm

fox

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2011, 10:55 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Mostly the Internet.

International News (Internet): BBC, Al-Jazeera, Maclean's, CTV, CBC, New York Times
Domestic (Canadian) News (Internet): CBC, CTV
Muncipial (Winnipeg) (Internet): The Winnipeg Fee Press, The Uniter, (occasionally) the Winnipeg Sun (for kicks and laughs at it's notorious conservatism), the WInnipeg BLogosphere (usually for reflection upon articles linked to other, more "credible", sites)

International News (TV): BBC World News, MSNBC, CBC, CTV
Domestic News: CBC, CTV
Muncipial News: Shaw TV Local (Winnipeg), CBC Winnipeg, CTV Winnipeg

Newspapers/Magazines: Winnipeg Free Press, Times Magazine, Newsweek, Maclean's, The Nation, The Winnipeg Sun (for laughs), National Post (for laughs), The National Review (for laughs)

I'd also add "The Guardian" to the list of online News sources.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2011, 10:57 pm

I burn time watching BBC (ok but British accent is funny), CNN (This is crap) or Telesur (This is Venezuelan crap) When there is nothing else on TV. Then I wait for news to hit me while browsing the web. I am subscribed to the RSS feeds of many blogs that are not normally focused on news but eventually, when a random blogger is interested in a news he will mention it. Then there's forums, people eventually post news in them. I watch CNN and Telesur mostly to make fun at the horribly biased reporting and to practice critical thinking.

Wish the Daily Show would still air around. Really, during the US elections it was the best source of news I could ever find o_O

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 1:39 am

Used to watch CNN and MSNBC, now I listen exclusively to Fox News. CNN and MSNBC lost my trust when they started going off the deep end.

I also pay attention to Drudge Report, Townhall.com, hotair.com, and newsbusters.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 2:45 am

Inuyasha wrote:
I also pay attention to ... newsbusters.

That explains a lot.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 5:42 am

For political news, I use C-SPAN (straight from the source). For other news I listen to Fox, CNN, and MSNBC. I listen to what the left, right, and center have to say and then I form my own opinion on a particular story.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 6:43 am

Al-Arabiya

Al-Jazeera is too selectively biased.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 12:15 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
I also pay attention to ... newsbusters.

That explains a lot.

They are a blog site, that means anyone can post on it... Seriously, I don't take what anyone says for granted.

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 12:30 pm

Gah, all this Americocentrism. (Real word? No idea)

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 12:38 pm

Daily Kos, Guardian, BBC, occasionally I'll listen to NPR, Disinfo occasionally has interesting news clips, a lot of facebook and twitter friends/feeds which they'll have their own sources like TPM or HuffPo (though I'm not the biggest fan of HuffPo). I'll read Salon but that's mostly for Glenn Greenwald, not much of anything else because they can get obnoxiously partisan to the point of actually saying good things about Hillary Clinton and that just comes off to me as intellectually dishonest to think there's a good thing about her.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

26 Mar 2011, 12:47 pm

I put Al-Jazeera.

It was losing. :(

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 12:55 pm

Right now I just don't care. The Japan earthquake was epic, but this Libya mumbo-jumbo is boring. As was Iraq and Afghanistan.