Break... I'm being serious this time :3

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2011, 11:16 pm

Taking a break.

I know I said this about a month ago (give or take a week or so, I think, unless time has gone by really quickly.)
I realize, looking through my posts, that, perchance, my mood in many of my posts is conveyed as frustrated, angry, annoyed, or belittling, or a combination of all of those... or perhaps a combination of a couple, or a few... or there are other adjectives that can describe it...
What I'm trying to say is that I feel like a "negative energy." Not all of the time, but enough of the time for me to regret how I've treated some people on this site sometimes.

Maybe I am sounding like I'm experiencing self-pity with these two or three threads I have started, but I don't consciously feel that way. I also know that I've said that I need to try to change the sort of "tone" I use when I am posting, so this post can easily be nullified, but... I don't know. All I know is that I feel bad. An issue has cropped up in a post by another member that made me feel attacked and hurt... these feelings were not outwardly expressed, but (in true AS fashion) I thought about it for awhile and realized, "Why am I getting like this over something that happened on a website? I don't even know the person who made that remark." It made me think about the fact that I have possibly made some people feel the way I did when I was thinking about that specific post, and that is when I decided to take leave for awhile. Not too long, but I need a break. Too much of a good thing can be bad; I need to learn that most good things are only good in moderation. It is no secret that I spend hours upon hours every day on the computer/WP (hence my post count), and I definitely need to start taking it in moderation.

I don't know when I'll be back; perhaps I'll pop in every now and then, just to see how some people are doing, but I won't be posting very much at all.

Farewell for now.

Esther
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2011, 11:40 pm

I don't know what happened to make you think and feel like this. I wish for you a great offline recharging! Catch you later.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 12:05 am

Good for you! There can be a lot of negative energy on this site, to the point that it can feel contagious. I myself have found that if I spend far too much time on this site per week (just an example) that it can have negative effects on me. You are right, it's not good to overdo it. I hope you gain something from your break. Have a nice time, whatever you are doing.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 5:03 am

hope you feel rested and recharged jmnixon95, fudo wishes you well. :)

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 6:06 am

See you later!

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 6:20 am

You cannot escape the grasps of the Wrongplanet. Anyone who takes a break comes straight back, they cannot resist.
Once you join, you can never go back.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 6:31 am

I hope to see you posting again soon. :)

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 6:33 am

You'd better come back! :D

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 6:57 am

emlion wrote:
You'd better come back! :D

This

Take care JM. Maybe you've been feeling a bit frustrated for some reason, and it's coming out in negative ways. Hope you work yourself out.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 7:02 am

I took a 4 month break a couple years ago, and I came back with a new outlook. I hope you enjoy your break and I look forward to seeing you when you come back. :)

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 8:26 am

shame. a free-thinker such as yourself makes for most enlightening conversations.

Come back soon!

Oh, I'm a fan of Dr. Michio Kaku as well!

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 8:28 am

you'l be back, they always come back.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

26 Mar 2011, 10:47 am

Well, I'm going to miss seeing you around. :cry:
I hope you fully recharge and come back soon.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 11:01 am

Oh dear. ^^ I believe that you are very lovely jmnixon95. However I am very sorry if you are feeling upset within WrongPlanet. ^^ I do hope that you enjoy a happy little rest.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 11:10 am

For what it's worth, I never once thought badly of you. Hope you get everything worked out and feel better.