Post a random happy childhood memory.

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 4:49 pm

Walking on the beach on San Juan Island,looking for stones and playing with driftwood.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 9:09 am

Swimming in the Juadalupe River in San Antonio with my cousins. This is one of my oldest, most vivid memories. ^^^^Puerto Rico's San Juan? My mom is from there.

ZeroGravitas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2011, 9:29 am

One Easter, my sister and I spent the wee morning creating Easter Bunny traps all over the house using yarn and various implements. By the time our parents woke, they found the house a veritable Saw trap. We had even spread flour on the ground so as to catch the Easter Bunny's paw prints.

We were the only kids able to go back to school with proof that the Easter Bunny does not exist.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt156929.html - How to annoy me

FarqyTheIndolent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 12:57 pm

My first visit to Our Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh, which took place when I was seven.

I remember causing a fuss as we approached the building, as Holyrood Park was nearby and I wanted to go there instead. But we went in, and, much to my surprise, I loved it. Time travel, space, geography, and evolution, all in the one place...

Naturally, I wanted to be taken there constantly from then on, and my mother ended up buying a season ticket. :P

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 1:29 pm

I watched Hockey Night in Canada with my dad a lot, starting at the age of 5. I loved Saturday nights at my house! :D

DrkWolf
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Mar 2011, 1:40 pm

Giving my grandmother a hug in her kitchen when I was little, I remember perfecting how the fabric of her shirt felt against my cheek, how she smelled, and the sound of her laugh. My grandmother was the most important person in my life and I cherish the memory of her. When ever I feel bad I bring up that memory of her and it makes me feel better.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 7:01 pm

I remember those homemade popsicles that my mum made for the family when I was 5. She used Kool-aid and a popsicle tray. :)

ZeroGravitas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2011, 7:30 pm

Making home-made Ooblick out of cornstarch and water, then having my father explain non-Newtonian fluids to me when I was about 5.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt156929.html - How to annoy me

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 8:42 am

Eating poached egg and tinned spagetti at my nana's house, I used to eat that all the time there. Until of course I was older and a bit more open minded.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 9:10 am

All of the Kinks songs that were played on the radio. I didn't need those records back than. :D

FarqyTheIndolent
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 9:49 am

My cousin's eleventh birthday, when he had a bouncy castle in his back garden. I remember being very pleasantly surprised when I looked out of my aunt's kitchen window, and having contests on the bouncy castle with my cousin and a little boy that my aunt looked after when she was a childminder. I was eight at the time.

daedal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Apr 2011, 4:04 pm

^ nice Paris memory!

I have some of Paris- my grandmother buying me my first pairs of Real Jeans (I felt so Normal- didn't want to dirty them by going out in them to the restaurant though), running through the Louvre at closing time, and a doll called Nicolas in my grandparents' flat. I always had joyful reunions with the dolls in different places- Corolla at their house in the country.

At home- spending ages in the garden, in the shed lying on a mattress and reading books. Or lying on the floor of my room reading books and listening to ELO. Climbing trees in Limousin and having apple fights with my cousins. Listening to Revolver for the first time! Times in school when people told me nice things. Taking out a boat for the day in Holland and handling it myself. Nice times with my parents.
If there's one thing I'm afraid of, it's starting to forget my childhood. I feel so nostalgic sometimes.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Apr 2011, 4:54 pm

When I was a child I used to love the summertime when Mom would lay out in the sun on our patio in the backyard. She would set up a card table for me and throw a quilt over it. I would get under the table and enjoy the glow of the sunlight filtering in through the quilt. I savored the aroma of the heated quilt while I sat on a blanket in my personal castle. Often times my dog Cindy would sniff around the table before making her entry. Then, after a short while, Dad would come home on his lunch break bringing footers and milkshakes from our local dairy bar. Our patio was like an island to me---an island within an ocean of grassy lawn. Those were very good times.

By the way, my avatar picture was taken of me after having just come in from our patio on a warm summer day.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 2:41 pm

One time, my dad told my sister and I that he wanted us to clean the shed. We opened the shed and there were two new bikes. I got a mountain bike and my sister got a pink and white bike with the old handlebars. I was 13 at the time. That was a very happy memory. :D

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 2:44 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vrOM9DMOvU[/youtube]

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 2:53 pm

A few great childhood memories, swinging on the swing set with my friend talking about our futures. Playing sports, being a leader on my baseball team. Not worrying about bills or money or food.. Learning things for the first time, the curiosity of the world.