Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ikonovich
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 286
Location: Alabama/Georgia

27 Mar 2011, 7:18 pm

What gets you out of bed in the morning, keeps you going to school/work/etc, keeps you doing something besides laying there wasting away?


For me it's a drive to improve myself and to make myself a better soldier.


_________________
"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit."
August 1993 issue of the Army's maintenance magazine


hyperbole
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,208
Location: my desk

27 Mar 2011, 7:19 pm

Getting healthy enough to go home and spend time with the woman I love.


_________________
"Your knowledge of what is going on can only be superficial and relative" ...WS Burroughs


Moog
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,663
Location: Untied Kingdom

27 Mar 2011, 7:35 pm

A mixture of interest and suffering (my quest to be without it and help others do the same).


_________________
Not currently a moderator


Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,154
Location: Arlington, Texas

27 Mar 2011, 7:37 pm

It could be something fun that I'm anticipating that day. Or, it could just be coffee. :)


_________________
What fresh hell is this?


dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jan 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,721
Location: Washington, USA

27 Mar 2011, 7:39 pm

Nothing really. I guess to do things that interest me. But I've long been in the tunnel of Failure in Life, and it's too late to turn back now. :P



Zen
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Nov 2010
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,868

27 Mar 2011, 7:42 pm

Descartes wrote:
Or, it could just be coffee. :)

:lol: Some days coffee is the only reason I get out of bed.

Survival is really what motivates me. If I don't work, I don't get paid. If I don't have money, I can't pay bills. If I don't pay bills, I'll end up on the street. And I'm far too pathetic to live on the street. I wish I had some other motivation.



superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2009
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,383
Location: London

27 Mar 2011, 7:46 pm

Friends. :D


_________________
My Poetry: http://poetryimpact.blogspot.com
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/michkat0 - In partnership with AwesomenessTV
Former owner of Aspies Central: http://www.aspiescentral.com

Know me on the inside before you judge.


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,274
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

27 Mar 2011, 8:31 pm

Work, music, family and friends. :)


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2011
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,865
Location: gondwana

27 Mar 2011, 10:37 pm

My 2 children. :D


_________________
I love diggin' in the dirt
With just a pick and brush
Finding fossils is my aim
So I'm never in a rush


nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,413
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont

27 Mar 2011, 11:49 pm

If I was working I would say the drive to be more independent & self-sufficient but sense I'm not working lots of people especially my family say I am wasting away. What keeps me going in life is that I know if I were to die now; the world would of been a worse place because of me. I'm trying to find people online who I can connect with & use my past experiences to help out & perhaps it can lead to a loving relationship but I'm NOT expecting that to happen. I'm aloso motivated by my special interest; music, TV ect


_________________
But I don't want to go among mad people, Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat: we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.
You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.


Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 394
Location: near Boston Massachusetts USA

27 Mar 2011, 11:58 pm

Zen wrote:
Descartes wrote:
Or, it could just be coffee. :)

:lol: Some days coffee is the only reason I get out of bed.

Survival is really what motivates me. If I don't work, I don't get paid. If I don't have money, I can't pay bills. If I don't pay bills, I'll end up on the street. And I'm far too pathetic to live on the street. I wish I had some other motivation.


This describes me too. Well, except pain motivates me too. If I'm hungry I'll get something to eat, If a tooth is bothering me I'll see a dentist.



Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 394
Location: near Boston Massachusetts USA

28 Mar 2011, 12:03 am

Ikonovich wrote:
What gets you out of bed in the morning, keeps you going to school/work/etc, keeps you doing something besides laying there wasting away?


For me it's a drive to improve myself and to make myself a better soldier.


They drill that into you. I felt that drive too. It fades when you get out. When I got out of basic training I'd do anything I was told and believe anything I was told by my NCOs. And they were always telling me to be motivated and dedicated and that I was motivated and dedicated.



Ikonovich
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 286
Location: Alabama/Georgia

28 Mar 2011, 1:18 am

Mack27 wrote:
Ikonovich wrote:
What gets you out of bed in the morning, keeps you going to school/work/etc, keeps you doing something besides laying there wasting away?


For me it's a drive to improve myself and to make myself a better soldier.


They drill that into you. I felt that drive too. It fades when you get out. When I got out of basic training I'd do anything I was told and believe anything I was told by my NCOs. And they were always telling me to be motivated and dedicated and that I was motivated and dedicated.



To be fair I was highly motivated and dedicated before I even went to BCT. In reception my nickname was Superhooah.


_________________
"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit."
August 1993 issue of the Army's maintenance magazine


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,274
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

28 Mar 2011, 6:35 am

The daylight also motivates me. :)


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,897
Location: Port Royal, South Carolina

28 Mar 2011, 6:44 am

Rage directed at a totally indifferent universe.


_________________
Yes, I'm still alive.