Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 8:31 am

A collection of Neurotransmitters

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 9:04 am

The prospect of living life and having fun living it. Also, the mysteries of the universe and our efforts to solve them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 12:00 pm

The Kinks. You guys were waiting for me to say that. :)

FarqyTheIndolent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 12:40 pm

My partner, and the thought of communicating with him.
Oh, and an uncontrollable urge to look up some road or other on Google Street View or SABRE, more often than not. :P

I used to have grander motivations in the vein of accomplishing given tasks, bettering myself, and bringing myself closer to my eventual goals (typically education/career-related). I've felt unable to engage in things of that nature for quite a long time, though...

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 3:42 pm

Arts and crafts!

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 12:44 am

The one thing that motivates me no matter my mood is wanting to be there for the people I really care about... despite that not being more than one or two people... actually... there are two right now :?

Otherwise, the things that motivate me are very dependent on my mood and special interests. If I'm feeling creative, getting to draw is a motivating thought. If I feel expressive I'll find more interest in my guitar. If I want to get lost I'd probably feel excited to play games. Although if I'm depressed, nothing but the people I care about can motivate me :|. So my motivations are usually different day to day.

Then there are things that I do to keep moving on day to day without self destructing when there's nothing to hold me together, but I don't find them particularly motivating. Like I set goals. Right now I'm saving for a guitar. I don't have to feel interested... I just know that I set that goal so I should do work :|. When I am interested (Guitars themselves are a special interest) that goal can be very motivating... again,
Lace-Bane's motivations are dependent on his mood really :|

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 3:44 am

I also set goals to motivate myself. Just living day to day without having some tangible goal I'm working toward leaves me depressed and anhedonic.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 5:36 am

Family, boyfriend, future, future family and more.