Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 8:57 am

I've just watched the recent movie Predators and I think that it makes for a better sequel of the original movie Predator than the actual sequel in direct sequence after it.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 6:45 am

Haven't watched the recent one, but I remember thinking what crap Predator 2 was and how its tone didn't fit in with the original movie at all. It was as if I was watching a comedy movie in the second one.

The first movie, unlike its sequel, really gave me chills down my spine. Everything in it was awesome. Arnold, the Predator, the atmosphere, the way Arnold managed to kill the Predator, and so on.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 10:36 am

I thought the second movie was more relatable since it was in an urban setting and with more realistic people rather than a bunch of steroided up muscle ubermensch. The first movie was just a dumb action flick. The second one actually started to introduce the M.O. of the predator a bit more in terms of ritual and technology.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 7:41 pm

I guess the first movie was just them getting hunted, even though it takes a good length of the movie for the Predator to get in, it is probably why Predators fits more as it just them stuck in the jungle being hunted. But in comparison to the first the Yautja gett involved quicker, and we got more information over just an old legend and apparently mud being the bane of advanced technology.

I can't hate the second one, though it is not the straight up horror chaser we got more from the Yautja's perspective, like what targets it went after, the ritual, what it wouldn't attack (I like the part we see it look at the boy or see the woman pregnant, plus I think I prefer the end of the second where the clan respect the protaganist for winning.

As for the third, it was good as it built on what I knew about the Yautja already, but went beyond throwing them in some jungle and put them on another planet, kind of that that there was no hope, might I say that the characters also felt varried and larger, I missed the twist though, should have seen it coming. But it was also interesting that they put in the Feral or Super Predators, and even compared it to a jungle dweller, kiond of made the honor of the regullar types a blessing.

TheSnarkKnight
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Mar 2011, 10:44 pm

Personally, I each is as good as the rest. The first one set the story with an alien hunting humans; the second had humans hunting the Predator; the third put humans on an alien planet, with some new Predators that were more savage than the originals.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 1:43 am

That second Aliens vs. Predators, or Predators vs. Aliens, or what ever it was called - you know, the one where Predators and Aliens have it out in a small 21st century town - stank like s**t. Proof of it is that I can't even seem to remember the proper title.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer