Do people ever think your a cold-hearted b***h?

Page 5 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Cracked
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2012, 6:41 pm

Thanks! :D

Yeah, the avatar is from a photoshopped version of the Inception cover...once I saw it, I knew I had to use it somewhere.

P.S. - Sorry my reply is so late, these last couple of days have been crazy! 8O

About_A_Girl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2012, 2:50 am

most definitely

a boy even wrote this on a public forum when i was in high school, complaining that i was a frigid girl that caused him a lot of pains........
(the crazy thing is that i had a crush on him - and may be too cautious not to show it when he tried to talk to me...)

after that i felt like i should just own up to the name =) and only be nice to people that really get me.

jourdan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2012, 3:22 pm

I have been called a b***h, cold, and stuck up by my mother. Usually its just "selfish" or "self centered" though, even after going over and over the situation in my head I never understand why. When she gets upset with me she will yell until I cry because she quote "wants to get a reaction" from me. I don't understand why it considered normal for people to be public with their emotions, even forcing them on others, but it is wrong to be private about my feelings and I should be shamed and corrected.
I am also commonly mistaken for being angry or miserable when I am not. People I barely know will ask looking very concerned. At first I thought they were making fun of me. Have yet to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 4:17 pm

It's not something I get called, but I have a very meek, genial persona. Too meek. I get bullied, manipulated and taken advantage of a lot.

I've been called cold before, though, because I don't get moved by sad stories or cry at funerals.

disintgr
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2012, 4:36 pm

Yes. And an ice queen, selfish, rude, unpolite etc. People also assume I am always unhappy and tell me off for not smiling enough. The first time this happend I was five. The teacher asked me to smile and at least pretend I am happy.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 4:55 pm

I'm past caring if I am or not. The types of people who bad-mouth me are invariably stupid so their judgement is irrelevant.

dunya
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Oct 2012, 4:31 pm

I had a disagreement with a housemate. I argued logically, from my own perspective, that her selfish actions were harming others.

She assumed I was being mean to her because I didn't like her and wanted to hurt her.

She said her actions were "human" and she was being kind and generous, implying my criticism of her showed I was unkind and ungenerous.
I think she was trying to use emotional blackmail, trying to get me to feel bad about my choices so I would let her get what she wanted. I refused to be defined by her expectations of what a "good" person is.

I think people sometimes say "you are cold-hearted, etc..." because their attempt to manipulate you emotionally has failed.

sara4767
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Oct 2012, 7:13 pm

I'm just super awkward always. Not sure if people think I'm a b***h or not.

CosmicCastaway
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Oct 2012, 8:49 pm

Been called a b***h for correcting someone that their lizard was brumating, not hibernating.
My roommate always calls me nonchalant.
Called cold and distant by the guy I liked in middle school.
Called antisocial, routinely, by classmates.

Each and every time this happens I get confused. I don't get it.

AQ: 39

McCool
Raven
Raven

01 Nov 2012, 7:01 am

Yes, but I apparently come off as so cold and bitchy that no one has ever mentioned it to me directly. They usually just ask my husband once I am out of earshot why I am so bitchy.

helles
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 12:08 pm

ohhh yes.

I am definitely a cold b***h :lol: Been told so many times by my ex. husband

Prefer being called a witch

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 6:15 pm

All the time.

Most recently, someone close to me mentioned to a group of acquaintances of ours that I was incredibly sweet.

When one of the guys in the group heard that (one I dislike), he got really pissed off was going "Are you f*cking crazy? How you lost your f*cking mind, dude?"

:lmao:

This is the result of the people who know you vs. the people who don't. :lol:

blue1skies
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Nov 2012, 11:11 pm

Yes, everyone who doesn't know me thinks that. I don't show a lot of emotion and I am very critical to people I don't like. Even when I think I'm being nice and acting like a friendly NT, people think I'm being mean.

Vintagegirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2012, 5:51 am

I hope not! :(

thesilentforce
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Dec 2012, 2:04 am

My shyness and being quiet leads others, especially NT women to think that I'm a b***h and haughty. I get this a lot at my work. It's 90% females, and they expect me to do "girl talk" like them. Not interested!

DemophobicKlingon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2020, 7:33 am

When I'm stressed, or uncomfortable in a group, I get serious and rarely smile. When I'm comfortable, I'm a positive person and can be myself and people who know me for the real me would never call me a Negative Nancy.

People assume I'm more rigid than I actually am, serious, and on the rude side. When people voice these assumptions, it makes me more anxious, so it's a cycle.

INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so