Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2011, 2:48 pm

My town makes no sense compared to most others, for some reason the complete as*holes, that screw everyone's lives up are somehow the most popular and liked people in town when the nicer people are ridiculed, and hated me being one of them. 80% of my entire age group in my town hates me for absolutely no reasons at all other than people making crap up about me in order to seem like i'm a complete as*hole or because I can't help complaining about things.

I may have freinds for the time being but someone will say something, and that will just spread around my social group like wildfire untill they all hate me for something I didn't do, It's happened before and It will surely happen again, It's already happened to me in a smaller scale this year, because me and one of my best freinds almost got mugged, I'm not a fighter, so I ran for help and then when he told the story to people which was fine, he didn't say anything that made me look bad. People decided since it's Jamie who ran for help let's alter the story and make him look like the bad guy to screw his life up even more.

I don't know what I should do anymore because I can't just go out and have a good weekend anymore without the shadow of the people who are ruining my life cast wherever the hell I go.

AspieBrain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Mar 2011, 5:22 pm

I can understand what you mean, more or less. While I've never had problems with people spreading rumors about me, neurotypicals still try to cause unnecessary stress for me wherever I go. Most of the problems I have is with neurotypical authority fixing all the right problems with all the wrong rules. Not to mention all the neurotypical as*holes I know that constantly try to make me pop a vein. The worst stress comes when a neurotypical dude just won't let up, and I'm left with my entire consciousness split into chunks and spread all over the place. Normally, after something like that, I stop thinking consciously for awhile and just "sense" what's going on and how I will react, which is usually by doing nothing. Luckily, however, I am able to find a few other people on the spectrum, and I participate in an asperger's support/social skills group once weekly. Maybe that's what you should try to do.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 7:20 pm

ahh nt's we all have to deal with them as part of being aspies. i carry a knife which sometimes helps in these situations.

RodgerEdgar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jan 2012, 12:55 am

This is pretty much the story of my life. The people who have made my reputation in the small town I live in horrible by making up rumors about me, as well as disclosing extremely personal information that I have entrusted in them, and assuring that they get spread throughout school are also the most popular. There are so many people that I have never even seen or heard the name of before who don't even give me a chance because they think I'm a total weirdo, mentally ret*d, a total jerk, and far worse things. However, the people that spread the rumors are extremely popular because they know how to suck up to people, lie, and intimidate people by trying to act all tough when they are not. I get frustrated with it at times, but I always try to remind myself that in another year I will be in college, in a town far away with only a small handful of people from my high school, all of which I am on friendly terms with, and I will be able to use the lessons I have learned in high school in order to make a better reputation for myself by avoiding the types of people that have succeeded in making my reputation bad and avoid giving anybody reasons to start rumors about me by not doing all of the idiotic things I have done in this town. I realize that people will never change no matter where I go, but I can be a better person, and so can anybody, AS or NT.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 1:30 am

I had a similar experience when I was younger. Basically, your only option is to leave town. My life got a lot better overall once I moved to another town a half hour away. So, as blunt and as painful as it sounds, that's really the best actual solution to your problem. Really, it's a wonder what starting off fresh somewhere else will do for you. Just another town, a few miles away, not even a drastic move, will help things tremendously.

I understand you might not be in a position to move, though. If not, just...be distant with people, I guess, I know that's probably terrible advice for you, considering you want to socialize and go out on the weekends and whatnot, but yeah. If you're distant with people, eventually people will just sorta forget about you, that, and you'll put yourself in less positions for character assassination. For me, my social appetite is kinda low, so I can like, go long periods without seeing people as long as I'm preoccupied with something. You might not be the same way. Lastly, don't get involved with shady people, who do drugs, etc. I don't think drugs are inherently bad, just getting into that sort of crowd of drugs and drinking isn't really a good idea.

But, best solution really is to move and start fresh.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 1:32 am

black_legion wrote:
My town makes no sense compared to most others, for some reason the complete as*holes, that screw everyone's lives up are somehow the most popular and liked people in town when the nicer people are ridiculed, and hated me being one of them. 80% of my entire age group in my town hates me for absolutely no reasons at all other than people making crap up about me in order to seem like i'm a complete as*hole or because I can't help complaining about things.

I may have freinds for the time being but someone will say something, and that will just spread around my social group like wildfire untill they all hate me for something I didn't do, It's happened before and It will surely happen again, It's already happened to me in a smaller scale this year, because me and one of my best freinds almost got mugged, I'm not a fighter, so I ran for help and then when he told the story to people which was fine, he didn't say anything that made me look bad. People decided since it's Jamie who ran for help let's alter the story and make him look like the bad guy to screw his life up even more.

I don't know what I should do anymore because I can't just go out and have a good weekend anymore without the shadow of the people who are ruining my life cast wherever the hell I go.

It get's better, it's going to take until you are 28-30, but it gets better.