03 Apr 2011, 7:15 am

For Women only

I am at university to become a midwife. :D

So I'm never in a rush

Pinchy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Apr 2011, 7:17 am

My dream job is to be a WAHM while I homeschool my children.

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2011, 9:13 am

Travelling hobo. Yes, i'm serious. I want to travel the world, take small jobs along the road and own nothing but what i'm wearing and what's in my backpack. It's not a real job, but it's what i dream of doing.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

03 Apr 2011, 11:23 am

Kiran wrote:
Travelling hobo. Yes, i'm serious. I want to travel the world, take small jobs along the road and own nothing but what i'm wearing and what's in my backpack. It's not a real job, but it's what i dream of doing.

I would love to do that,
but in reality I would need some type of cubicle job where I was at the computer most of the time and very rarely had to speak or be spoken to.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 11:42 am

Kiran wrote:

me too.... and the RV is my home. (it comes with me).

I also want to be a game tester....and an actress (more full time than what i'm doing now)....

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

tuna
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2011, 11:55 am

I have so many dream jobs. Opera singer, service dog trainer, concept artist, linguist, derpy indie-pop singer, geologist, translator... I'm in school for music right now, but everything else is so interesting that I'm having a lot of trouble choosing what to actually go for.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 12:42 pm

I would like to either get my degree in Computer Science and get a nice job with that (I have quite decided what I would like to exactly), or to become a veterinary assistant. The only thing that I am pretty certain about is that I want to have a job "under the table" breeding ball pythons, educating kids and their parents about ball pythons, and selling them to good homes. I would love that. It would be a hobby, a good way to indulge my obsession, and an extra source of income for when I inevitably get sacked from my real job for being weird.

Ishtara
Raven
Raven

03 Apr 2011, 11:43 pm

Kiran wrote:

My grandparents retired early and did that for ten years, except they had an old bus rather than a backpack. They got jobs doing stuff like fruit picking and cleaning, working for a few months at a time then moving on to a new place. It would be too much uncertainty for me, but they loved it.

I love data analysis. I've had jobs which involved a little bit of it, but I'm working towards doing it full-time.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

04 Apr 2011, 5:12 am

My current idea of a dream job is to support myself with my writing.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 5:41 am

I want to start a sanctuary for unwanted pet monkeys. Or work in an already existing sanctuary.
If I made enough money I would emigrate to Borneo.

cassandra
Raven
Raven

04 Apr 2011, 12:20 pm

To be a top forensic psychologist.

werewolf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2011, 12:26 pm

I want to invent things.
Not to deal with people, just things that change in the course of time and don't get boring. Preferrably invent things that could save the Earth from bit of the harm people do it.

Well that sounded a bit pessimistic and angry. I'm really not so much like that. But about year and half ago, 26 years old at the time, I did a good analysis about what I would like to do with my life, so that I wouldn't regret much in the course of getting older. And that was the result. So I started my second university, which is totally different from the first and quite useless one (the first being useless I mean) :)

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 12:31 am

I'm still trying to figure this out..........................Something to do with biological psychology.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2011, 8:55 pm

Script writing and maybe a little bit of directing and voice acting on the side.

Chamber
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Apr 2011, 8:50 am

I have my dream job I guess. Mainly because it pays so well that I can afford to be with my family all the time and my husband to stay home with me and the kids while I work at home. I have over 10 years of experience in my field and the top certs so I have people that work for me to set stuff up in the lab. Then I login and try to break it. That's pretty cool.
Sometimes I have to fly on an airplane and give a presentation which overloads me but the actual presentation is good because I can act/mimic really good and since my special interest is my field I always know what I am talking about, lol. Most people would be nerve racked to have to present to CIOs in the country's top companies but I am just nerve racked to exist so I come off non-nervous.
My son and I are going to start our own side biz soon because my other special interest is making and growing money trees so we won't "have to" work a day job anymore. Then I am going to help out my younger Aspie sisters somehow.

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Apr 2011, 9:08 am

I'm afraid despite my ovaries I'm very teenage boy in my aspirations, I still would most of all want to either write comic books or design computer games. Getting to create worlds, complete with story and graphics, just sounds so awesome that the idea of being paid to do that, yeah dream job. Even though I listen to friends who've done it talk about how exhausting it is there's always excitement there too. I'm used to exhaustion, low sleep and people bugging me for the most inane reasons, but having the cause of it all be something I actually cared about rather than where the file on MrWhoever went, well that would be something of a change.