Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Lastics
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Apr 2011, 2:54 pm

Hi, i'm a young swiss (french-speaking) 18 yo, recently diagnosed. You can call me Matthew ("englished" version of matthieu). I'm a sort of a "ticking-all-boxes" asperger, and i can say the diagnosis helped a lot (it takes the pressure off, since i previously thought i had 1000 different problems to solve at the same time w/o a general idea).
My interests are generally humanities/litterature-oriented, although i've had deep interest in economics, financial markets or physics. I'm here to improve my english too :p

I must also say that, having lurked for a while here, i'm very happy to have found this place :)

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 3:02 pm

Welcome to WP!

jedaustin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2011, 3:03 pm

Welcome Matthieu!
I wish I'd found a place like this when I was 18; it would have saved me a bit of grief :)
It sounds like you have healthy focuses that you can turn into a career - good for you.

I say to people all the time that I wish someone had snagged me at 18 and convinced me to do this: If you have social problems I recommend that you find a Toastmasters club and join today; you may have to visit a few clubs before you find one that is open and inviting to people that are a bit different but you will find one near you. This has helped me more than anything I've ever tried. http://reports.toastmasters.org/findaclub/

I have discovered for me that If I pick one thing at a time to focus on you can learn to mask a lot of your symptoms from most people. I of course have to be concentrating on it at the time or I'll just revert to my normal way of acting but when it is important (job interview, client interviews, etc) it helps a lot.

Good luck!
JD

Lastics
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Apr 2011, 3:06 pm

Quote:
It sounds like you have healthy focuses that you can turn into a career - good for you.

Not really, my study of economics/finance is really really really focused on small parts of the field, and especially i don't have half the math skills required to study that at a university :p I wish i could work in a bank, but team working and collective motivation........ not for me.

Thank you both :)

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 4:38 pm

Welcome

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 4:49 pm

Welcome!

ghostpawn
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Apr 2011, 12:52 am

which parts of economics/finance?

Welcome to WP

Lastics
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Apr 2011, 2:49 am

ghostpawn wrote:
which parts of economics/finance?

Welcome to WP

For economics, it's particularly about macroeconomics, debts and to Europe. And in finance, primarly mortgage business (got interested in finance after the crisis), and a bit forex later.

mikeseagle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 4:12 am

HI Matthieu and Welcome to Wrong Planet :)

Good to hear that your diagnosis helped you out :)

Look forward to hearing what you have to say on the forums :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 12:39 pm

Welkome to WrongPlanet. :)

The WP Kink