Poll ended at 04 May 2011, 2:03 am
Yes 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Never 82%  82%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 11

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 2:03 am

I wondered if talc is almost a forgotten commodity because these days say, after swimming I don't see anyone using it really. Was the time when we were young practically everyone used body talc. These days it's deodorant city out there!

I thought this was relative to my recent bath/shower topic so, do you still use talcum powder, worse would be if you haven't heard of it I guess!

I have left a poll so you can vote yes or no.

*I wanted to call this post "talc" but that is actuually a mineral, so may have been misleading*

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 3:19 am

i remember when i was in the army, some bully peed on my feet when i was in the shower, and since he was built like ali i wasn't going to do anything but move away from him. but i got back at him a while later, by telling him that scented bath powder [corn starch] would make a great deodorant "down there," so after his next shower, i spied him out of the corner of my eye, corn-starching his package as he was dolling himself up for his date, and i laughed up my sleeve at him. for those who don't get my meaning, if you put cornstarch in places like feet and privates, it ferments in the heat and moisture/sweat of those places and stinks up a storm. i found that out myself, the hard way.
i tried talcum powder also, but that caked on my feet and chafed "down there" also, so i just gave it up and decided instead to bathe twice daily in hot weather. i also tried cornstarch on my neck as a shaving lubricant, but it only made my neck stink when it got hot. talcum powder is a no-no for shaving because it eats up the [electric] shaver blades. i would like to discover other uses for talcum though.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Apr 2011, 9:51 am

I thought that in order to use talcum powder, you need to be a 95-year-old lady... That's who I see buying it. Also it stinks, IMHO. the smell of it stops up my whole head instantly.

Charles

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 10:08 am

auntblabby wrote:
...i would like to discover other uses for talcum though.
Shake'n'vac [for those without executive dysfunction.] :?:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 10:12 am

I like to put that stuff on my hands, so they don't get all sweaty.

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 5:00 pm

CosmicRuss wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
...i would like to discover other uses for talcum though.
Shake'n'vac [for those without executive dysfunction.] :?:

Very good, I like that. Someone said it smelled horrid? I like the smell of talc and essentially, it's the same scent whichever brand you buy I think?

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2011, 6:04 pm

I've heard of it, maybe even seen a rusting can of it in the recesses of some medicine cabinet with which I've had a passing association, but I've never used it.

misswoofalot
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 12:27 pm

I love talc. I use it every day - it prevents sweat and therefore makes me feel cleaner. I used to crave & eat it when I was a child - some kind of 'pica,' along with chalk.

I doubt it's very healthy though ....

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 2:39 pm

misswoofalot wrote:
I love talc. I use it every day - it prevents sweat and therefore makes me feel cleaner. I used to crave & eat it when I was a child - some kind of 'pica,' along with chalk.

I doubt it's very healthy though ....

LOL maybe not eating it, but... at last - someone who uses talc!