I'm afraid to go back to college.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 2:28 pm

It's really pathetic. Every since I got robbed I have been worrying about going back to class. Like...maybe the guy is angry that I didn't just let him take it easily. I chased him and hung on and scratched. I'm worried that maybe he'll come back and shoot me or something. Or that I'll get robbed every day now or something. I know it's dumb. I just worry a lot in general. I don't want to go back, but I have to. I mean...it is already become apparent that the cops there are crap. If he decided to come back and do something I would be screwed.

jedaustin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2011, 2:46 pm

My advice - don't live in fear - go back to college.
Get a cell phone with a camera if you don't have one.
If you see the guy take his picture if you have time and email it to someone then dial 911 or the equivalent wherever you are. If you're worried about being attacked start walking with a walking stick - if anyone confronts you about it just say you have bad knees and they'll leave you alone.
I guarantee the perpetrator is more afraid that you'll ID him and put him in jail than his desire to harm you.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 3:27 pm

Yeah, intellectually I know that you are right. I just feel really uneasy about the whole thing. I felt relatively safe there, you know? I had a routine and that very routine made me an easy target.

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 3:47 pm

I would suggest pepper spray. You can put it on your keychain and it will give you some power in a bad situation.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 3:56 pm

rabidmonkey4262 wrote:
I would suggest pepper spray. You can put it on your keychain and it will give you some power in a bad situation.

Yes, I really would like to have pepper spray. Unfortunately, I do not have a job to pay for it and my mom won't buy it. Ugh...that sounds pathetic. Having to ask my mom to buy it. Geez.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2011, 4:56 pm

You should go back to college and face your fears.