Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 10:21 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17-ZmxM7w3Y[/youtube]

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Last edited by MasterJedi on 07 Apr 2011, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 3:19 pm

Nice to be lord of land, rather than the other way.

Put in a new service door from the Home Depot and pressure wash the exterior and replace any rotten wood and TADA! Maybe a new overhead door too.

I spent a small fortune fixing up our place, and that is while doing it myself.

I noticed you have some water infiltration in lower level.

We had the same and I dug out the entire house foundation with a Bobcat excavator 6 ft deep and put in new drain tile and water proofed the exterior concrete block walls and stuck 2 inch Styrofoam to block for insulation . Our walls were pushed in from leaking gutters and subsequent frost heave in winter; you could put your hands inside the cracks in basement wall. Eventually wall was coming down or in. I pushed the 2 walls back by jacking with 4 inch I-beams every 5ft along inside of wall. Filled block with concrete from 2 inch drilled holes from outside. Let cure for a month and took I beams out. Contractor wanted 18 thousand; I did at 3800 less sidewalks and porches. I had to jack hammer the concrete porches out and remove all sidewalks so I could dig this all out. A gargantuan project :lol: I was in mid thirties then and I bet I wouldnt have the staimina now.

This can be done from inside with drain tile while cutting up slab at perimeter. My mother in laws was 7 thousand for this from contractor.

Or just live with it.

I was thinking to get more heat in your hobby room you could put in a baseboard emitter and hydronic circulator that feeds water from your hot water tank to room....rather than relying on the upper level duct work.
You'd need $600 to do it. 140 degree water and a two tube double emitter radiator would do it and it would an open system tied into your plumbing.

Another simpler way is putting an elecric emitter in and wire it 220 volt..... need two breaker spots in panel for this... cost is half as above. But electric where I live is 13 cents a kilo/hour so I zoned our basement with 4 emitters and pump and tankless hot water heater.. ..
Have fun!