Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Indique
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Aug 2011, 6:55 pm

for me, it's much more the person than the gender. Most often it's someone with short darkish hair and a sharp nose. What's between the ears is more important than between the legs. Or gender ambiguity. Girlish men, or boyish women. I don't have the same option myself, being physically quite obviously male. I guess I think of myself as male, but lots of social cues kinda slip by me, so I'm often clueless about what someone else is thinking. I identify as queer in the queer community. And in a pack of straights I get by not saying anything, but I feel a bit uncomfortable sometimes that I'm not being honest. I do NOT feel guilty about avoiding getting bashed.

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 4:54 am

Yep, definitely genderqueer here. Mostly androgynous identified, but I don't feel that exactly fits. I don't think I present as visually androgynous (see moustaches at left), but I just have never felt macho enough to "be a man." I don't have a lot of power-strength, but I do have rather a lot of endurance, which is a decidedly feminine characteristic.

Have never been attracted to any sort of physical characteristics, be they gender expressions, body types, hair/eye color etc ... even intelligence I do not find quite so attractive as personality and attitudes.

That being said, I have male plumbing, have dated more women than men, and was married to a woman for 10 years (who was genderqueer also, more masculine than I.) (S)he had major possessive / jealousy / dominance issues over me which became intolerably painful after the first 5 years. I'm quite happily single now. Just me and my kitten, and that'suits me perfectly.

It seems that more than anything I'm attracted to a mix of gentleness and adventerousness. Which means I'm kind of attracted to everyone and no one. Plus, sex having isn't very important to me so much as small physical affection: hugs, cuddling, holding hands or having a hand run through my hair.

Playing into the gender stereotypes, men tend to be be too agressive for me, and women too timid. So most of the people I have dated have been bisexual women who present in a mostly masculine way: jeans, short hair, brassy & forward attitude. Or effeminite men... but I tend to dislike how genderqueer NTs have a tendency to by monomaniacally obsessed with gender issues. It is likely that I won't be able to find an "ideal mate", and that I'm ok with that. There's lots more interesting things to think about and devote time to than thinking about sex all the time.

I wear skirt & some faux fur on my hood, and I walk with a light step like I'm always dancing, usually my voice comes out high and light unless I'm explaining something when it drops into a low monotone. I have a lot of sensitive touch issues with clothing, and the freedom of movement afforded by the skirt, a supposedly feminine garment, is a godsend. Much better than pants.

jeez that was long. sorry

Tiggurix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2011, 1:04 pm

I identify myself as genderless, though I am genetically and biologically male, and unfortunately, am identified as male by society. I wish that society would not identify me as anything, and that I were genuinely sexless, biologially and genetically. I can at least fix my biological sex, and to that purpose I will opt for castration in the future. This will hopefully fix some of my other problems, such as my wish for an existence without sexual desire.