Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jacs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2011, 7:15 am

Anti Depressants are a personal thing, what can make one perosn better, can make another a lot worse. Its a case of finding the one thats right for you.

As for the side effects, some CAN make you lose or agin weight but that does not mean it will happen for you.

Talk it through with your doctor and state what you want out of it.

Remember though, some can take up up to 6 weeks to have any effect and can make you feel worse before you feel better.

Good luck.

NEWanderer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Apr 2011, 2:42 pm

ryan93 wrote:
Hey, I've got a few questions about anti - depressants. I'm tired of hating life, and I was thinking about seeing a psychiatrist. I have a few questions about your own experience/knowledge with/of the drugs...

Are their any anti-depressants that don't make you gain weight? Or even loose weight?

Do anti - depressants affect you intellect in any way?

With drugs that impact pituitary hormone output you would expect there is potential for long-range impact on a developing brain as well as the rest of the body; but, in adolescence probably not nearly of the magnitude as in utero. I would expect dopamine/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors would not have the same adverse physique impact as SSRIs/MAOIs; but, they do have their own acute toxicity risks.

You probably would do well to take charge of your health first to make sure nothing clinically significant is affecting your mood; even if someone would be glad to just prescribe a mood drug and be done with it.

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2011, 11:13 pm

Incorporate walnuts into your diet-studies show that they help against stress and depression.

rissadc

24 Apr 2011, 6:34 pm

I was on Trileptal! Surprisingly, it helps a lot with sensory issues, and everything!! !! It didnt make me gain any weight.