Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kricky7
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2011, 10:47 pm

If you had a falling out with a NT friend and they emailed you to tell you they had a friend tragically killed and wanted to bury the hatchet because life is short and you are important to them, how would you react or would you at all?

rabchild
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Apr 2011, 11:16 pm

all depends on the circumstance of the falling out. Friends are hard enough for me to make I'd be inclined
to give someone A chance depending on the exact nature of the falling out.

Could you elaborate ?

Kricky7
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2011, 11:28 pm

Both parties said hateful things that they didn't mean. Still in contact occasionally. Yet, the NT is clearly offering the olive branch

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 11:33 pm

If I were in your situation, I would at least give it a try,

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 1:26 am

It would depend on the reason for the falling out... but personally, if I've cut someone out of my life I'd be very unlikely to let them back in. but, like I said, it would depend on the reason.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 6:42 am

Depend on the exact details, but I personally accept peace offerings as a matter of course. To much hate in the world to allow a chance for something better to slip away. But this has nothing to do with NT/Aspie. It's just a personal philosophy.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 8:45 am

Yeah it would depend on the exact details for me as well. For instance, there's a guy I used to know who would really hurt people, on purpose, and then he'd try to make up with them so that he could get close enough to them to do it again. I wouldn't do it with him or any of a number of bullies I've known where part of their method of operating is to feign friendship so they can get close enough to someone to hurt them. But if it were over something less awful, I might give it a try.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 8:56 am

Kricky7 wrote:
If you had a falling out with a NT friend and they emailed you to tell you they had a friend tragically killed and wanted to bury the hatchet because life is short and you are important to them, how would you react or would you at all?

They had a friend killed? :?

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 9:24 am

Lecks wrote:
Kricky7 wrote:

They had a friend killed? :?

^^ Op isn't by any chance a member of the mafia no?

I would definitely want to get back with this NT friend, he/she is going through a tough time and needs a friend.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 11:36 am

I'd give that person a second chance and see how it works out.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Apr 2011, 12:32 pm

It's not uncommon for me to have fights with otters because we get upset over misunderstandings & with some we never make up but with others we act like it never happened next time we see/talk to each other. I would suggest telling your ex friend you want to patch things up but do NOT try to push the friendship back to the level it was; take things as they come. You can end the friendship again latter if you guys have another fight or problem

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 12:39 pm

Sure, why not? There's no use in holding grudges.

Mar1976
Raven
Raven

09 Apr 2011, 1:06 pm

Let bygones be bygones.
They've made the effort to try to get in touch with you, (despite the rift), after loosing someone close to them.

They've probably gone through some soul searching with their grief, and I think it says a lot that they thought of you and wanted to rekindle the friendship.

Whatever your friendship was before the argument, they obviously feel it's something worth trying to re-establish otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Whether you both can rise above, forgive and forget the argument and not expect an apology without giving one back will probably 'seal the deal'.

It's hard enough to find good friends, so I'd say give them a chance; you've nothing to loose other than a bit of pride and some time if it goes wrong................but then, I don't know how bad the argument was!

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 2:35 pm

I often am willing to accept SINCERE apologies and move forward.....that being said, like the others mentioned, it would also depend on the REASON why the hateful things were exchanged.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 11:03 pm

As others have said it would depend on the circumstance of the falling out

Kricky7
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Apr 2011, 11:10 pm

The "falling out" was a break up of sorts. The ASD said " I will kill your family." The NT said, "I hate you and you will die alone." (in a nutshell) The NT emailed after a friend was brutally murdered saying life is short and the ASD refuses to respond. I'm friends with the ASD and encouraging him to respond and bury the hatchet. He's stubborn and not responding. WHY?