Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

spdjeanne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2007, 6:28 pm

Wow. well... I was going to add something regarding the original post, but after reading all of that, I don't want to touch this thread with a ten foot pole.

Jews are smarter than Blacks? WTF?

Mordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2007, 7:01 pm

Magus wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any theologians or religious leaders that were likely to have had Aspergers? It seems that I can find plenty of scientists or engineers that are either diagnosed aspies orlikely aspies, but I can't think of any aspie theologians. The thing is that I have little interest in science or computers beyond the pragmatic level (yes, I know that is blasphemy to some! :D ), but one of my obsessions is religion and religious philosophy because it relates to the ultimate meaning of things and to the human experience. So I guess that I am seeking reassurance that I'm not the only aspie with an obsession dealing with religion and religious philosophy.

I think most aspies either 1) reject religion 2) become followers or 3) become 'liberal' religious people who vaccilate back and forth.

The truth is aspies are just like any human being when it comes to religion really, the primal instinct to survive can blind anyone especially when their parents have huge influence on their development.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2007, 8:56 pm

Some become leaders.

Hadron
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 7:55 am

I suspect that quite a lot of religious leaders were Aspies. The Koran seems a case in point.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 1:02 pm

Roman wrote:
I never said anything about ALL people of particular ethnicity. I am only talking about statistics. I for one know at least two black people who are very intelligent. So I am only talking about averages and not about individual members of any race.

Two? Wow! Where do you live?

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 1:20 pm

ladakh wrote:
Jesus...Ghandi...Mohammed...Confucious... the list goes on.

Honestly I doubt any of those people were aspies. I doubt there are even that many aspie theologans because the majority of aspies are atheists.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 1:58 pm

snake321 wrote:
ladakh wrote:

Honestly I doubt any of those people were aspies. I doubt there are even that many aspie theologans because the majority of aspies are atheists.

In the olden days, that was true. Since the invention of fuzzy logic, it has been possible to be both an atheist and not an atheist at the same time.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 5:03 am

monty wrote:
snake321 wrote:
ladakh wrote:

In the olden days, that was true. Since the invention of fuzzy logic, it has been possible to be both an atheist and not an atheist at the same time.

Only with probabilities. Fuzzy logic is not the
proper way of expressing reality. Still based
upon boolean notions. Logic should be more of
a manifold.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 8:50 am

The holy trinity are right here..... Ragtime, JohnnyBGoode and iamnotaparakeet. The Church of the Holy Pious is opening its doors, and all lambs are welcome...... Remember to tithe and tithe well. Fleecing begins shortly.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 1:54 pm

calandale wrote:
monty wrote:
snake321 wrote:
ladakh wrote:

Only with probabilities. Fuzzy logic is not the
proper way of expressing reality. Still based
upon boolean notions. Logic should be more of
a manifold.

You are correct! Every time I put Schroedinger's cat into a box, the universe bifurcates.

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2007, 3:01 pm

Aspies will be the inventors of One World Religion of antichrist. The way I know it is that I glanced at the thread and the number of "views" here is 666.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2007, 4:48 pm

Magus wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any theologians or religious leaders that were likely to have had Aspergers? It seems that I can find plenty of scientists or engineers that are either diagnosed aspies orlikely aspies, but I can't think of any aspie theologians. The thing is that I have little interest in science or computers beyond the pragmatic level (yes, I know that is blasphemy to some! :D ), but one of my obsessions is religion and religious philosophy because it relates to the ultimate meaning of things and to the human experience. So I guess that I am seeking reassurance that I'm not the only aspie with an obsession dealing with religion and religious philosophy.

I have the same "obsession" Magnus, I used to be an ordained Minister as well, I dont subscribe to a particular religion now though as consider them all infultrated by the "Weeds".
I have the same obsession towards world politics, not the Bush and Blair type politics but higher up the tree, the Bildrebergs etc and how thier plans relate to Biblical prophesy.

Maybe the Aspie thing is that I need to know everything about everything, I can never be shown the minimum of how to do I job, I need to know why that job has to be done that particular way.

Needs more than football and lager to keep me happy!