Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 7:56 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Iphone31966 wrote:
How about if speed dating can be all naked speed dating.

That sounds like speed hookups. 8)

That would be a good business idea, but I bet the sed ratio would be 50 male: 1 female; and the female most likely to be transgender.

Sounds like a good way to disappoint 51 people at once. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 7:58 pm

superbetsy wrote:
I've been looking for some opinions on online dating, as well. I'm a young female and I work in an almost entirely male profession. I'm attending grad school for Engineering... pretty much 100% male. Because of these environments, I find it really hard to meet people. You'd think it'd be easy... however, work and part-time grad school aren't conducive to establishing relationships. I want to meet someone who has similar interests to me, but with whom I don't necessarily attend meetings. Also, because of the all-male environments, I think everyone assumes I'm not single based on how I'm always surrounded by men.

Anyway, the only thing that sounds scarier than meeting a new person by chance is meeting someone with the single purpose of beginning a romance. The idea of meeting a new person and essentially interviewing them, and auditioning FOR them is terrifying. Dating terrifies me, but it seems like it could only be worse when you arrange to meet someone with the intention of establishing a spark.

Does anyone know what I mean? If so, can anyone offer advice on whether or not to try online dating?

Or is speeddating something to consider, like cyberfox007 mentioned?

Or is it time to resign to a life of drinking too much and having one-night stands?

Dating online can work, but personally I have no experience with dating sites. Just with meeting people online in other venues.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2020, 1:06 am

cyberfox007 wrote:
Hi everyone

As someone who is looking for that significant other, i have spotty relationship record of bad relationships don't seem to last long. Mostly because i would make a ton of mistakes that freaked a girl out. I have failed numberless times to the point where i almost want to give up on relationships and become a Bachelor. I have been thinking going the way of online dating or speed dating as my last kick off the can for relationships before i hang my bouquet of roses for good.

I find i am more social in the online world than the offline one and that's where i could get some luck on the online dating front. i have been looking at this one website gk2gk.com and i like the people that i see there but i have been reading some negative things about the site like how it is a cash grab or it just collects information from you or something. Stuff like this makes me weary of making the plunge into online dating.

As for speed dating, i never had the chance to do it but it is something that i would like to do. i barely see any posters around for this sorta thing but when i get the chance il try it out.

If anyone has any experiences on this sorta thing, feel free to contribute.

Try reading about Buddhism, meditation and practicing letting go of thing in life. This will calm you down and make you less concerned about doing the right thing with the girl.

I personally have always scared and freaked out girls even though who were ignorant enough to mistake me for a normal person and go on dates with me. Never been in a relationship. I don't think I can date now as I am so tired I do not have energy to shower and brush my teeth or clean. And I work four nights a week now.

If you keep trying to date, eventually you will find a woman who is nice and you are OK with. You should keep trying. It will be fun!

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2020, 1:17 am

superbetsy wrote:
I've been looking for some opinions on online dating, as well. I'm a young female and I work in an almost entirely male profession. I'm attending grad school for Engineering... pretty much 100% male. Because of these environments, I find it really hard to meet people. You'd think it'd be easy... however, work and part-time grad school aren't conducive to establishing relationships. I want to meet someone who has similar interests to me, but with whom I don't necessarily attend meetings. Also, because of the all-male environments, I think everyone assumes I'm not single based on how I'm always surrounded by men.

Anyway, the only thing that sounds scarier than meeting a new person by chance is meeting someone with the single purpose of beginning a romance. The idea of meeting a new person and essentially interviewing them, and auditioning FOR them is terrifying. Dating terrifies me, but it seems like it could only be worse when you arrange to meet someone with the intention of establishing a spark.

Does anyone know what I mean? If so, can anyone offer advice on whether or not to try online dating?

Or is speeddating something to consider, like cyberfox007 mentioned?

Or is it time to resign to a life of drinking too much and having one-night stands?

Advice will be different for you now that you are over 30. The answer is to let go more. Find a man you are attracted to and who is not a criminal. Then go on a date and offer to make out after the date. Second or third date invite him to your place or go to his place if he invites and have sex. You will several mistakes, but after several guys you will settle down with a permanent boyfriend.

Domensiclivnaphorum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Dec 2020, 10:12 pm

What is the best app site to use I've found autism dating app with GPS locator but it doesn't have anyone on it in my area does anyone know of a location based app or site with a high number of st Louis area users. I don't care if it's like a weird kink app or only girls going to clown college are on it. I'd love to date a clown! Please respond with a list of apps sites I'm fresh out of ideas and please somebody stop the scammers it's like they flock to me. Facebook page Yahoo group email list I don't care. Something has got to work. I even went on FetLife and fetster but nobody responds without asking for money. Even non scammers are all like give me yo money punk and I'm like dude ask my social worker she'll budget you in... By the way would prefer to date someone with a disability regardless of whether it's autism I get along really well with women who have ADHD they often laugh even when I'm just talking it's like a magic disorder. Apparently there's a big overlap between ADHD and autism I wish every woman had ADHD. I could marry happily. I'd be like yo Martha come here girl yeah you what's happenin. And she'd just be all like haha. Know what I'm sayin?