Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 4:13 am

Has anyone else found the transition from home to school incredibly difficult? Or, perhaps if you're an adult, home --> work transition?

I'm not talking about transportation matters; I am talking about the anticipation of drastically switching environments, as well as the experiences of doing so.
My attendance record, blatantly put, sucks. I just missed three days before Spring Break, but that was because I was very ill with a virus. The other twenty-odd days I've missed, though... most of them were psychological. I couldn't bring myself to cope with the transition, so I just stayed home.

School, for me, is just constant sensory overload. Therefore, great anxiety is invoked whenever I think about it in the morning. (Right now, it's just after 5 AM; school starts in a couple of hours.)
My house, contrarily, isn't constant sensory overload, though there have been many instances of it. There, at least, I can go up to my room and listen to my iPod and/or read a book, and I calm down. At school, it just keeps building and building until around noon, when I am my most frustrated. At that time, I get a twenty-minute break in the library. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to make it much longer without that...

Anyways, enough about me. I guess I was just elaborating upon what I would like for this discussion to be of.

~

You?

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 4:17 am

At the time when I was in school, yes on several occasions.

There were some people in my class I would not get along with and I couldn't face from having fun at home to actually being in the class with someone you can't stand.

It's no problem for me nowadays.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 4:52 am

When I was in high school I had an hour of bus from home to school. I was grateful for that...
Getting up an hour early and hanging out in front of school before it starts may help...