What are your scores? I'm creating a prediction calc.

Page 4 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

nikoa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2011, 1:46 am

I'm female, 39 years old, mechanical engineer, in test which you send my AQ is 20, i have never visited doctor for my problem, i'm undiagnosed, simple i whole time tough i'm one in this world, no one has my problem, and get out of society long time. Before 1 year ago i take IQ mensa test, my IQ is normal, it is 111.

nikoa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2011, 2:35 am

This is not possible.. I take EQ test which you send, i have only 60.. probably is because my English

W8TVI
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2011, 11:17 pm

-Age 31
-Your highest level of education: GED
-Gender M
-Your official diagnosis: I don't think I'm NT, but I don't know what I am.

AQ test - 28

The "Aspie"/"Neurotypical" test - - 108 (NT) 85 (Aspie)

The Systemizer / Empathizer test - EQ:18 SQ:96 Extreme Systemizing

Emotional Intelligence test - Subscale IQ score = 86 Subscale percentile = 18

Aspergers test (Follows the DSM manual quite closely) - 16

Highly sensitive person test - 8

MBTI personality test - ISTJ

Kon
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2011, 11:26 pm

Doesn't an AQ score of above 32 have only a 2% false positives among controls?

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

03 May 2011, 11:44 pm

Kon wrote:

Among males, the percentage is somewhere around 7% score 32 or above. If we assume the incidence of AS is 1 out of 250 in the population or .4%, that implies the false positive rate would be somewhere around 94.3% among males.

Here's the original research paper at http://autismresearchcentre.com/docs/pa ... sForAS.pdf. There was another one that had the distribution curves for both males and females...

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

03 May 2011, 11:50 pm

swbluto wrote:
Kon wrote:

Among males, the percentage is somewhere around 7% score 32 or above. If we assume the incidence of AS is 1 out of 250 in the population or .4%, that implies the false positive rate would be somewhere around 94.3% among males.

Might want to check the data in the links at the bottom of the wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_Spectrum_Quotient

I'm not citing wikipedia, but wikipedia cites research that directly contradicts you.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

04 May 2011, 12:08 am

Verdandi wrote:
swbluto wrote:
Kon wrote:

I'm not citing wikipedia, but wikipedia cites research that directly contradicts you.

Make sure to check the primary sources before taking wikipedia at face value! Secondary sources like wikipedia are certainly fallible, especially when it comes to interpreting their meaning (Which, in wikipedia's case, is a bit misleading to the more naive reader.).

See the distribution curves at (They're on the bottom of the page):
http://www.autismresearchcentre.com/doc ... tal_AQ.pdf

And, also, can we redirect this to the other thread? It seems silly to pollute the testing thread.

Kon
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 12:14 am

Verdandi wrote:
swbluto wrote:
Kon wrote:

Yes, I got the 2% value from that link:

Spectrum Quotient (AQ):

Individuals score in the range 0-50. Four groups of subjects were assessed: Group 1: n = 58 adults with Asperger Syndrome (AS) or high-functioning autism (HFA); Group 2: n = 174 randomly selected controls. Group 3: n = 840 students in Cambridge University; and Group 4: n = 16 winners of the UK Mathematics Olympiad. The adults with AS/HFA had a mean AQ score of 35.8 (sd = 6.5), significantly higher than Group 2 controls (x = 16.4, sd = 6.3). 80% of the adults with AS/HFA scored 32+, vs 2% of controls. Among the controls, males scored slightly but significantly higher than women. No females scored extremely highly (AQ score 34+) whereas 4% of males did so. Twice as many males (40%) as females (21%) scored at intermediate levels (AQ score 20+).

http://autismresearchcentre.com/docs/pa ... tal_AQ.pdf

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

04 May 2011, 12:16 am

swbluto wrote:
Make sure to check the primary sources before taking wikipedia at face value! Secondary sources like wikipedia are certainly fallible, especially when it comes to interpreting their meaning (Which, in wikipedia's case, is a bit misleading to the more naive reader.).

Verdandi wrote:

I didn't take wikipedia at face value. The research paper linked in the article says precisely what Kon says that it says.

Are people so dogmatically tied up in "you can't trust what wikipedia says" that they forget that the references links at the bottom aggregate a ton of information about the topic from other, verifiable, sources? That is the primary reason I link wikipedia, and I explicitly said so.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 12:41 am

[img][800:570]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l214/swbluto/aqCurves.jpg[/img]

Look at the curves.

And, also, "2% of NTs score above 32" is NOT the "false positive rate". The false positive rate is the percentage of people who are falsely identified as aspergers when they are really NT, which as previously calculated, was above 90% for males who score above 32.

harber_lawyer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2011, 9:59 pm

-Age 27
-Your highest level of education JD
-Gender Male
-Your official diagnosis (Or 'neurotypical' if you suspect you don't have a form of autism.) AS and ADHD

AQ test - 37

The "Aspie"/"Neurotypical" test - 127

The Systemizer / Empathizer test - EQ: 17, SQ: 69

Emotional Intelligence test - 55

Aspergers test (Follows the DSM manual quite closely) - 26

Highly sensitive person test - 18

MBTI - ESFJ

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 2:24 pm

swbluto wrote:
Also, in the case of the Aspie quiz, no one *really* knows how good it is at predicting the possession of aspergers. It's usually just simply assumed, which isn't necessarily correct. By statistically analyzing the results from the various tests and comparing it to those who have been officially diagnosed, it can be found out "how good" a particular test is at predicting aspergers. When you know how good / predictive the various tests are, you can take all of their results into account and calculate the likelihood you actually have aspergers (Which would be heaps load less expensive than getting a full psychiatric evaluation.). And using many different tests is better than using one at telling if you have aspergers. :)

Just one thing. Aspie quiz does not even try to copycat the DSM, but is used to define the autistic personality-type. That does not mean that Aspie-quiz is bad at identifying Asperger's syndrome (my own comparisons with the AQ-test indicates that Aspie-quiz give slightly better predictions), only that the intent of Aspie quiz is not to diagnose according to DSM, but to identify people with Aspie personality-traits. The creator of Aspie-quiz (me) does not even endorse the usefulness of DSM's Asperger's diagnosis, but instead view it as a collection of random traits that are not related.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 3:26 pm

-Your highest level of education: Bachelor's
- Asperger's/Autism (depends on which doc you ask)

AQ test: 46
The "Aspie"/"Neurotypical" test - 162/26
Aspergers test (Follows the DSM manual quite closely) - 32
Highly sensitive person test -22
ETA: INFJ!

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 3:39 pm

rdos wrote:
swbluto wrote:
Also, in the case of the Aspie quiz, no one *really* knows how good it is at predicting the possession of aspergers. It's usually just simply assumed, which isn't necessarily correct. By statistically analyzing the results from the various tests and comparing it to those who have been officially diagnosed, it can be found out "how good" a particular test is at predicting aspergers. When you know how good / predictive the various tests are, you can take all of their results into account and calculate the likelihood you actually have aspergers (Which would be heaps load less expensive than getting a full psychiatric evaluation.). And using many different tests is better than using one at telling if you have aspergers. :)

Just one thing. Aspie quiz does not even try to copycat the DSM, but is used to define the autistic personality-type. That does not mean that Aspie-quiz is bad at identifying Asperger's syndrome (my own comparisons with the AQ-test indicates that Aspie-quiz give slightly better predictions), only that the intent of Aspie quiz is not to diagnose according to DSM, but to identify people with Aspie personality-traits. The creator of Aspie-quiz (me) does not even endorse the usefulness of DSM's Asperger's diagnosis, but instead view it as a collection of random traits that are not related.

Don't you have a paper on your site that actually describes how the Aspie Quiz works, and how predictive it's been so far?

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2011, 7:00 pm

Completed some college
Aspergers.

AQ Test: 44/50

Aspie/NT Test: 175/200-Aspie 31/200-NT

EQ: 6

SQ: 60

Emotional Int: 55

Aspergers Test: 29/39

Highly Sensitive Person Test: 27

MBTI Personality Test: ISTJ (Introverted 89%, Sensing 25%, Thinking 75%, Judging 11%)

Verbal IQ: 122

Non-verbal IQ: 130

TruthTree
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 May 2011, 8:57 am

Education: University
Diagnosis: NT

AQ test -14

The "Aspie"/"Neurotypical" test - 43/200 Aspie, 165/200 NT

The Systemizer / Empathizer test - EQ 41, SQ 38

MBTI: ENFJ