Good friends with family and through family.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2005, 2:56 am

I am very good friends with some members of my family. I have a few uncles and cousins that are my best friends. We enjoy the same things, and generally have a good time. Also I have gained some good friends through my cousins. I don't keep in touch with any of the few friends in high school I had. And I haven't gained any more friends outside of the few I have gained through my cousins. So having these guys to hang out with playing video games is great.

I don't need tons of social interaction, but I can honestly see myself having no friends with out my family. And for that I am pretty greatful...

Anyone else have good friends within their family.... anyone else only have friends through family like me?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2005, 4:22 am

I can't say i've ever made any friends through my family..

I mean you can't force people to be friends and some of the people i've met were just jerks.

My sister doesn't have that many friends, and she wouldn't introduce me to them or their siblings anyway..

I have to do it on my own or go without.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2005, 11:55 am

Quote:
I mean you can't force people to be friends and some of the people i've met were just jerks

Oh yeah, I agree. I wouldn't want to be friends with people just by default since they are the only people around. It just so happens that my cousins and friends of my cousins share similar interests and I have fun doing stuff with them

My immediate family I am not too close with. I haven't made any friends through my Mother or Sister.... I don't think I could do that.

Therblig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jan 2005, 10:22 pm

Well...my only brother and I hang out quite a bit because I'm good friends with his girlfriend and several other of his friends. However, none of my relatives (apart from my immediate family) live nearby. They all live in different states or countries and it's too difficult to try and keep in contact like that.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2005, 4:04 am

Pugly wrote:
Quote:
I mean you can't force people to be friends and some of the people i've met were just jerks

Oh yeah, I agree. I wouldn't want to be friends with people just by default since they are the only people around. It just so happens that my cousins and friends of my cousins share similar interests and I have fun doing stuff with them

That sounds great.. I wish I knew some people like me.