Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 3:11 am

I wish PC games were tradeable. Oh well I like keeping my copies anyways. Now that their cd keys are register to EA/steam/impulse or whatever digitial distribution site it is. Ah the luxuries of console games.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 3:27 am

Every once in awhile this happens to me too. Don't listen to the people saying it's childish to play video games, it's no more childish than listening to music, or watching TV or movies. It's possible that you're just losing interest in them, or you've just had enough of them for awhile. It could also be anhedonia or depression that you have (I don't know anything about what you have though). For me it's depression.

And sometimes, I'll just get tired of playing a certain genre, or even a specific game, and not find any joy in it for a month or more. Like right now I can't play any RPGs, but a month ago I was playing Dragon Age I and II, Neverwinter Nights, Final Fantasy VIII, and others and having lots of fun, but now I can't stand them. But I'm starting to want to play them again, which is good since I only played Dragon Age 2 for like 10 hours. :oops: :P

Starlight-Supernova
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2011, 6:25 am

Ravenitrius wrote:
I wish PC games were tradeable. Oh well I like keeping my copies anyways. Now that their cd keys are register to EA/steam/impulse or whatever digitial distribution site it is. Ah the luxuries of console games.

That is why I never use Steam.

Awesome avatar, I am a huge Valkyria Chronicles fan but 3 isn't out yet in the UK. :cry:

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 12:12 pm

chinatown wrote:
You probably missed the good things because of the burnout. Or it could be that you're not mature enough, but given your age, it's probably the lack of investment :)

Oh, and I wouldn't even consider getting Bulletstorm. It looks like another Singularity: mildly entertaining but ultimately forgettable.

No, I stopped playing DAII long before my short lived burnout. It got to where it felt more like a chore to play the game then enjoyable. And as far as maturity issues go.......how does that fit in with a game being entertaining or not? It either is or isn't. I played the first Dragon Age all the way through 4 times (Warrior Dwarf, rogue elf, mage human, rogue human (female)). I expect a lot from BioWare so I guess my expectations were pretty high.

Bulletstorm would have been a better XBLA or PSN title than a full on game. It is fun to try and kill enemies in hundreds of different ways but........after a few hours it just isn't that fun anymore. And the sad part is there is going to be a sequel.......or atleast thats the impression I got from the ending. It'd be a good rental, but as far as a purchase goes? Wait til you can find it in the bargain bin for $5.

Christian0
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Apr 2011, 5:30 pm

When I was younger I spent really much time behind the computer playing games - I could play daily for many hours. But as I got older it just started getting boring and most games just feel the same after a short while. My interest in computer games started dying out when I was 15 - 16.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2011, 6:13 pm

Katatonic wrote:
chinatown wrote:
You probably missed the good things because of the burnout. Or it could be that you're not mature enough, but given your age, it's probably the lack of investment :)

Oh, and I wouldn't even consider getting Bulletstorm. It looks like another Singularity: mildly entertaining but ultimately forgettable.

No, I stopped playing DAII long before my short lived burnout. It got to where it felt more like a chore to play the game then enjoyable. And as far as maturity issues go.......how does that fit in with a game being entertaining or not? It either is or isn't. I played the first Dragon Age all the way through 4 times (Warrior Dwarf, rogue elf, mage human, rogue human (female)). I expect a lot from BioWare so I guess my expectations were pretty high.

Bulletstorm would have been a better XBLA or PSN title than a full on game. It is fun to try and kill enemies in hundreds of different ways but........after a few hours it just isn't that fun anymore. And the sad part is there is going to be a sequel.......or atleast thats the impression I got from the ending. It'd be a good rental, but as far as a purchase goes? Wait til you can find it in the bargain bin for $5.
Bioware has really disappointed me with most of their games. Mass Effect 1 was awesome, but I think it was because it was new and included some interesteing elements that I was not used too. ME2 was along the same thing as 1 but for some reason it failed to keep my interest. I also could not get into Dragon Age Origins 1, I just didn't have fun. I kept playing for about 15 hrs and I didn't have much in that time unfortunately. It was really ugly and bland too, but that's just my opinion, and on the other hand morrowind 3 was not a looker either, but that game completely consumed me for probably 100's of hours since it was filled with tons of interesting content. Oblivion was alright, but was lacking since the game went towards a more newbie friendly approach. I really hope Skyrim is at least a mixture of the two with a bunch of new interesting features for all types of players. Oh and the new Deus Ex coming out gots me super excited too! I loved both of the previous games, they were almost perfect, except for having too short storylines.

chinatown
Toucan
Toucan

17 Apr 2011, 12:32 am

Katatonic wrote:
And as far as maturity issues go.......how does that fit in with a game being entertaining or not? It either is or isn't.

Most children don't have the maturity to understand adult themes, that's why Twilight in all its simplicity is so popular among teenagers (and the like-minded :wink:). But as I said, you're almost my age so that's not the issue here.

I'm also not claiming that the story is the most important part of a video game. Combat is at least equally important. But I liked DAII in that sense too. DA:O was too hard, but I'm not really into the traditional RPG's anymore. I played Mass Effect 2 on Insanity and enjoyed every minute of it.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2011, 7:51 pm

just finished playing some black ops online.. I hate that game, yet every so often I find myself going back to it with hopes that people will not mod, force a laggy host, and boost... Ah but it happens every time. *chucks 360 out the window

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 11:31 am

I am experiencing a degree of videogame burnout. It just isn't satisfying to me anymore. Trying to lose myself in a game sometimes just makes me more aware of my social isolation. Still, it is certainly no more pointless than lying in bed.