Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 6:40 pm

Is anyone like me? I can easily figure out someone's emotions. However, I always do VERY poor on the mind in the eyes test. I've figured it out!

The mind in the eyes test only shows eyes and not the whole face! I can read faces just fine, but don't use the eyes to figure out people's emotions.

Anyone know what I mean?

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 6:42 pm

yup, I thought that too. The eyes tell me almost nothing about what the person is feeling.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 6:43 pm

Maybe the eyes are really important though, because some people can fake emotions. I remember I failed that fake/real smile test. :lol:

resfirestar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Apr 2011, 6:52 pm

I actually did okay on that, since I'm good at spotting the cheek movements of a real smile. But I still can't tell if someone is unhappy or just not smiling.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 7:39 pm

Maybe you're able to analyze the muscles in the mouth and cheeks properly?

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2011, 7:53 pm

I did the fake smile test ages ago and got a perfect result (all correct) yet when doing the eyes only test I scored 22 on my last attempt. But then I am used to looking at peoples mouths more than their eyes as that's where I tend to look when I look at them. Mostly though I don't look at people much at all unless I force myself to lol. People don't like it if you talk to them whilst staring at the lamp across the room!