Does anyone else hate the new Spongebob?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2014, 11:20 pm

I loved Spongebob when I was younger. Any of those 1999-2004 or 05 episodes were really good. A couple of years ago I started watching some of the newer ones and I cannot believe how stupid they are. I agree, SpongeBob has become a jerk. Same with Patrick (but he has always been). And every 5 new episodes is a new concept on how Plankton tries to steal the Krabby Patty Formula, and fails - like they want to ram it into every 9 year old's head not to steal formulas!

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 1:00 pm

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Spongebob Squarepants!
Who hasn't been funny since 2003?
Spongebob Squarepants!

Nickelodeon's Reply:
If cancelling this cartoon is something you wish,
Spongebob Squarepants!
Well forget about that and go F*** A FISH!
Spongebob Squarepants!

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2014, 11:24 pm

I don't watch a lot of TV anymore, honestly.

Aside from MLP, and occasionally Total Drama.

I've also heard they're rerunning season four episodes of TD in a few weeks...

wrongplanet1995
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Feb 2021, 1:14 am

New Spongebob in my honest opinion sucks considering that the new episodes are disgusting and gross as well as rather disturbing and unnerving to watch due to the very exaggerated character portrayals (i.e. Spongebob being too annoying and hyperactive, Patrick being too dumb and stupid, Squidward being way too grumpy and snide and even more unlucky than before.) Add to the fact that the new episodes have very over-the-top exaggerated animation that looks like its belongs in Ren and Stimpy than Spongebob makes the new episodes even more terrible and unwatchable! Stick to the first 3 seasons of the show considering that those seasons were the golden age of Spongebob!

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2021, 10:23 pm

It's something that happens to shows after a while - with few exceptions.
The longer they go on, the more the characters become cartoon versions of themselves - old Spongebob was a cartoon version of a positive, slightly annoying, little guy. He was more silly, more naive etc. Than a real human with those traits would have been. But then he became the cartoon version if that - cartoon squared, if you will.
Now he's not a little annoying, he's cartoonishly annoying. He's not a little silly, he's outright stupid. And so on.
Old spongebob had a human we all kinda know at its core. New spongebob doesn't.
(Just like the Simpsons)

kimtieu382
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2021, 6:08 pm

What happened to Spongebob!? I mean the new episodes that air on tv nowadays are just terrible and unwatchable to watch considering that these new episodes exaggerate the characters behaviours (i.e. Spongebob being portrayed in a very hyperactive and rather energetic way, Patrick being portrayed as a complete ret*d with no intelligence or social skills, Squidward being portrayed as an more miserable and rather pitiful punching bag than before and Krabs being portrayed as a greedy and very selfish as*hole cheapskate of a boss.) and have very cartoony and rather exaggerated looking animation which makes them even more terrible and unwatchable. Add to the fact that most if not all of the new episodes are very forgettable and rather unfunny in contrast to the episodes in the first three seasons makes it even more clear that the show along with other long-running shows like Family Guy and Simpsons should just end right now considering that it's been on TV for too long and the new episodes that are made nowadays are terrible and unwatchable.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 May 2021, 12:54 am

Has anyone seen some eps of the Spongebob reboot, Kamp Koral :?: I haven't seen it yet. I'm starting to wonder if Spongebob is ending & Kamp Koral will take it's place :?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

HelHelly
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 May 2021, 8:50 am

I used to love Spongebob when I was a kid, but now I find it stupid :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 May 2021, 11:19 pm

HelHelly wrote:
I used to love Spongebob when I was a kid, but now I find it stupid :)
Spongebob came out during my Jr or senior year of high-school & I found it stupid then & had no interest in watching it. However I actually started getting into it during my mid 20s & I still watch it nowadays. I mostly watch it when I'm doing other things or if I cant find anything else I want to watch on my usual TV channels. I seen most of the eps at least a few times, it's on alot. I actually do not find the 1st season as good as the newer eps. I'm NOT saying that the newer eps are better than the eps that came out in my mid 20s. I'm not sure which is better really but I do think that the 1st season is the worst. I feel this way about The Simpsons as well.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 11:28 pm

This is my only point of reference with Spongebob, but based on this I like Spongebob.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2021, 11:34 pm

Well I did not watch any new spongebob and from what you say I don't want to.

But yeah I liked Spongebob, it was great while it was on when I was a kid, but yeah sounds like its not even the same show now. On a kind of related note to I saw a netflix advert for a new rugrats, its all that weird 3d animation I feel like part of the thing that was like important in the original show was the like silly animation it had. Not that it was ever like a favorite of mine but I do recall it coming on sometiemes when I was a kid and I didn't hate it. But yeah seeing an image of the characters done in that 3d looking animation was honestly extremely off putting to me like those characters were never intended to look like that. It's like at this point maybe make some new kids shows instead of just recycling old shows but making them into a worse version of the original. Like you know I would rather they retire spongebob than totally change the show.