Ouch: fights, fights, fights ...and did I mention fights?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mike61290
Raven
Raven

15 Oct 2006, 1:04 am

wouldn't this be more of a self control issue? because even if I feel like my skin is burning and my insides are freezing (anyone else feel like that when they are about to lose it?) i can still just relax myself and tell myself they aren't worth the trouble and just walk away (and punch my bedroom walls till my hands are a dark blue color) my best tip would be to go into a physical sport like boxing where you can hit someone as hard as you want to and not get in trouble just do like in The Waterboy, visualise and attack

scottsmo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Nov 2006, 5:08 pm

SmallFruitSong wrote:
Does this happen to others as well?

Yes.

Once in high school, I figured up that I had been in 200 fights since starting school. Most all of them I didn't start. Forrest Gump just kept running. I guess I just stopped and turned around. I learned that taking a punch didn't hurt as much as the self-recriminations from running away. And throwing one, even if you got 5 in return, gave a sense of esteem that was theretofore unknown (and even respect from the attacker sometimes).

I can't recommend fighting to resolve conflicts as a general rule, but I can say that sometimes NOT fighting causes more pain in the long run.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2006, 3:50 pm

I'd just like to say that internalizing, holding things in, does NOT work. I did it for years when i was bullied at school, i'd get madder and madder and i wouldn't do anything about it, then in high school, i freaked. I rarely, though i have in the past, attacked people, usually i'd shout, though occasionally i'd kick someone.
Mostly i'd walk home, which is when the trouble started as i used myself to vent. I'd literally attack my arms and wrists with a sharp object razor blade, not the best idea as i was unable to cope any other way after i started, and it added the the stress iw as feeling as i'd get angry at myself for cutting.
I haven't done this in a while now, mostly because i'm out of school and stay in my house, when i do have trouble i like breaking things, as a kid i'd rip the heads off my barbies.
My advice is try something that allows you to vent, do something physical as someone suggested like boxing, try writing down your feeling or even beat someone up in a videogame(good if you pretend the other fighter is the person who made you mad, and your doing what you'd like to do to them).