Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Have you had experiences with the paranormal (such as angels, demons, ESP, psychic abilities, aliens, and so on)
yes 57%  57%  [ 21 ]
no 27%  27%  [ 10 ]
not sure 16%  16%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 37

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 9:10 am

What kind of doofus could NOT use ONE MILLION DOLLARS?

The kind that knows the truth about their alleged "psychic" abilities; which is, there is no such thing - only lies and deceptions.

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 9:14 am

I know, right? :lol:

I'll issue my own challenge

how many fingers am I holding up?

What number am I thinking of?

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 2:19 pm

Evidence for the paranormal: None.

Evidence that the mind plays tricks on people: Lots.

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:46 am

Jory wrote:

I agree that people have vivid imaginations, its what made us the dominant species on Earth.

however its kinda wrong to say theres no evidence for paranormal things. Just because we don't have the means to measure
'spirits', 'ghosts' , 'demons' or 'chi" doesnt mean it doenst exist. we just dont know how to measure it yet. I mean in 1300 the mere thought of electricity was just as absurd as witches and ghosts.Airplanes were just as preposterous as how we view demonic possession. Tell ancient Roman warriors that it is possible to build metal 'bows and arrows' that can shoot small pieces of metal death at 500 rounds a minuete and can hit a target at twice the distance of a regular bow....that would be ridiculous to them.

while we dont have legit ways to measure or interact with paranormal things yet, i do believe that paranormal things do exist. Theres just simpy too many different people from all time periods, and from all across the world that ahve beliefs in paranormal things to simply be fake.

ChrisVulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2011, 9:28 am

tangomike wrote:
Jory wrote:

I agree that people have vivid imaginations, its what made us the dominant species on Earth.

however its kinda wrong to say theres no evidence for paranormal things. Just because we don't have the means to measure
'spirits', 'ghosts' , 'demons' or 'chi" doesnt mean it doenst exist. we just dont know how to measure it yet. I mean in 1300 the mere thought of electricity was just as absurd as witches and ghosts.Airplanes were just as preposterous as how we view demonic possession. Tell ancient Roman warriors that it is possible to build metal 'bows and arrows' that can shoot small pieces of metal death at 500 rounds a minuete and can hit a target at twice the distance of a regular bow....that would be ridiculous to them.

while we dont have legit ways to measure or interact with paranormal things yet, i do believe that paranormal things do exist. Theres just simpy too many different people from all time periods, and from all across the world that ahve beliefs in paranormal things to simply be fake.

This.

Watch Doctor Who!

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

Of course there’s plenty of stuff out there that we can’t explain. It’s just silly to jump to conclusions and say “it’s ghosts/UFOs/psychics/etc!” I'm always quick to remind people that a few hundred years ago, when people saw comets in the skies, they thought it was God raining fire down upon them for their sins. Now, we know they're snowballs floating around in space. What's unexplainable today will have a rational explanation tomorrow.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

What everyone calls paranormal is just the mind and subconscious... Your mind is a very powerful thing!

If you are calling aliens paranormal well then I'd say paranormal beings exist...

Synesthetic351
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jun 2011, 7:47 pm

I have synesthesia, and I believe I also have Asperger's. Either way, throughout my life, my mind has done things that no one around me did. When I was younger, I used to see things. Random things that made no sense, so I guess they were just hallucinations. In one of them though, I saw what I suppose was an alien spaceship. You'll know why I assume this in a minute.

After I saw what I then thought was just a star (which made no sense anyway because it was a sunny day and I saw it near the sun) I could understand animals. I wouldn't have believed it if it hadn't happened to me, and maybe I just subconsciously picked up clues that told me what was going on. I was maybe 7 or 8 when I first realized I could. I made some friends, that were ducks, and fed them on a daily basis. But after a few months I stopped seeing them. Then, one day, just after a big storm, they showed up outside my house quacking like crazy. I had a friend with me and after about 2 minutes, I turned to my friend (keep in mind how young I was) and told him they were in trouble and they needed us to get down to the lake right away.

We got there, the ducks leading the way, turning back every few feet to make sure we were still there. They led us to the storm drain on the side of the lake and started quacking again. My friend by this point had already realized what was going on and asked me what they were saying. When they finished, I told him all 9 of their kids got washed down the drain. (We looked down to see them, and there were only two visible.) But I'm going to shorten the next part and tell you that after explaining what we were going to do to the ducks, we got my dad, got a net, and got out all nine (yes, nine) from the drain. The next time I saw them would be the last, but they brought their kids up to my house roughly a week later to show me they were still okay, and then they walked down the street, turned the corner, and were gone.

I know that was long, but it could have been longer. I have other experiences like this, like a cat I didn't know telling me she wanted me to see her kittens that were hidden under a tractor in the corner of my neighbors barn (that I'd never been in or even seen the inside of), and more I won't bother to put.

Around the time I was 13, maybe 14, I saw a spaceship though (which is why I think the other might have been). I'm not going to go into detail, but I lost 3 hours when I saw that ship over my house. Since then though, that ability has all but gone and another arose... maybe. I get the feeling of deja vu on a multidaily basis and I occasionally know when things are about to happen, like who will be calling in three minutes and things like that.

Anyway, for the record, I do not believe aliens come to Earth (I think the hallucinations were my brain's way to mask changes going on within it.), I don't believe in any god, and I believe most psychics are fakes. In fact, the only reason I say most is that I don't know if others are like me.

Sorry for the long reply!

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 8:10 pm

Quote:
Theres just simpy too many different people from all time periods, and from all across the world that ahve beliefs in paranormal things to simply be fake.

Maybe they're all reacting to the same underlying (non-paranormal) phenomenon.

Some aspects of human psychology are the same the world over, regardless of culture. For example, the tendency to look for patterns in everything, meaning that we tend to remember coincidences better. Or the desire to bargain with a higher power to improve their lives (I've certainly felt that way about the flooding in my town).

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 3:18 pm

Ettina wrote:
Quote:
Theres just simpy too many different people from all time periods, and from all across the world that ahve beliefs in paranormal things to simply be fake.

Maybe they're all reacting to the same underlying (non-paranormal) phenomenon.

Some aspects of human psychology are the same the world over, regardless of culture. For example, the tendency to look for patterns in everything, meaning that we tend to remember coincidences better. Or the desire to bargain with a higher power to improve their lives (I've certainly felt that way about the flooding in my town).

that is possible yes. they could also be psyching themselves out like how when 1 person reports a bigfoot sighting all of a sudden 50 people start reproting it in the area.....it just spreads in the imaginations of people....and they probably genuinely believe it.

I know we are talking about ghosts and spoirts when we say paranormal, but if you add extra terrestrials as paranormal, personally i think they exist! I dont know if u saw my thread a while ago, but I personally saw 3 UFOs here in Oregon. Their movements (staying in a triangle formation motionless, then making sudden darting motions and then zooming out of sight) were not natural or random so I think there was something intelligent behind it. Also, my grandpa was at the bombing and battle at Pearl Harbor in 1941 and he said there were UFOs present at the battle. They were hovering at high altitude observing the Japanese bombers destroy the US fleet and bases. He as well as 4 guys who were there said they saw it. They were told to keep their mouths shut and not to speak of it by their commanding officer. They described it as the classic metal flying saucer shaped craft .....and my grandpa and these old guys were telling me this in a serious story telling .....u know they cried when they went over a part where they were taking German machine gun nests and their friends all died.....it was serious and i dont think they could all lie about seeing flying saucers just to pull my leg.

also all through WWII Allied, Nazi and Japanese fighter and bomber pilots witnessed UFOS and bright blobs of light known as Foo fighers. the Allies thought they were German super weapons and vice versa. After the war both sides confirmed that neither was in possession of such technology....