Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2011, 4:01 pm

There was that girl (Let's call her F) I met in a local web community (a forum) ,we added each others on msn, facebook , and we chatted a lot (but she's not being much online lately). I like her, she's odd, a bookworm and smart ^^. PS: my nickname is muffinman there.

I was about to meet her for real, twice, she made the first move for the first time but she flaked out just a day before the meeting day (I prefer to use "meeting day" instead of dating because it wasn't clear whether it was a date or not, there was no mutual expressed romantic interest), I can't recall the reason.

As for the second time, I made my move after she made it clear that she's willing to meet me, she flaked out again just before the meeting day(reason: had to help her bro in his studies).

Now, before you assume anything , I don't hold any grudge toward her, I am aware that she has ADHD , anxiety and other issues, and I totally under her anxiety about meeting a complete stranger (well ,not e-stranger but I remain a stranger to her in real life) because I was bit anxious about this myself (it was about to be my first experience after all). There was a weird mix of feelings of happiness and anxiety going on in my head , and after she told me that she can't make it for that day there was also a weird mix of sadness and emotional relief. Maybe this incertitude of mine contributed in those last minute/day flaking out since I didn't express much assertiveness in meeting her.

I didn't make any move since then and let the whole matter go , it has been 10 months , and she hasn't been online much since then for several life reasons I know about.

And now,here's the weirdest part of the story:

I logged into okcupid yesterday and found that pink "new message" flashing above , I was like "Ahhh a new russianbabe## is probably wanting me so bad again , it's cleaning time!", so I clicked on the mail icon only to see the face picture of F near her message : "Are you related to muffins?" , her message was just like that. I was frustrated but I replied with "No, I am related to rodents :P" (since my avatar is that prehistoric squirrel Scrat in Ice age) but then I thought "why hiding?" so I sent a second message "aren't you related to queens btw?" (her name means queen). Her profile was just created yesterday , and the match score is about 80%.

WTF???! O_O Don't ask me how she knew it!! My okcupid username has nothing to do with muffins, and nothing in my profile says anything about muffins, muffinman or even anything related to Shrek ,and the only picture I have there is Scrat the squirrel as avatar, yet she guessed who I am!! ! :-S

and today she sent me a reply saying something like 'lol we match , we should date" (with smilies and stuff, so it doesn't sound too serious but it can be a hint).

I ll keep you updated about this (if there's anything new and worthy to update it).

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 18 Apr 2011, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2011, 4:08 pm

Go for it dood

puzzle62
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2011, 5:10 pm

Sounds like she feels better about meeting you.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2011, 10:51 pm

One time I had found a long lost (10 years) car key while looking for the spare key I had been using for 10 years and had recently lost.

Sometimes the universe works in strange ways.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 4:24 am

^ lol Chronos. So I might be her old dear lost key :( :P?

Anyways, I replied her that I am open to meet her anytime.

Waiting for her reaction.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 4:39 am

Fingers crossed! I really hope it works out for you, and you make a new friend, at least.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

19 Apr 2011, 6:38 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I logged into okcupid yesterday and found that pink "new message" flashing above , I was like "Ahhh a new russianbabe## is probably wanting me so bad again , it's cleaning time!",

O_O

Da fuq?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 6:59 am

Bethie wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I logged into okcupid yesterday and found that pink "new message" flashing above , I was like "Ahhh a new russianbabe## is probably wanting me so bad again , it's cleaning time!",

O_O

Da fuq?

Beth, what I meant by "russianbabe##" is spam email.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 7:28 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
WTF???! O_O Don't ask me how she knew it!! ).

You do have a distinctive posting style 8)

I hope the two of you do get to meet in real life.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 7:48 am

seems like she wasn't ready to date you back then, and now she is. w00t! you do have a distinct writing style.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 8:07 am

You probably mentioned your shared interest at your profile so if its not that common that may have helped her figuring out it was you. Besides Im 20 and some people think its weird that I like animated films and I imagine that the number of appreciators of animated films doesnt go higher with age so that may have helped a bit as well.

Good luck with her and hopefully meeting day will take place soon

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 8:19 am

Good luck but be careful, seems a little strange that she wants to meet up with you now after bailing on you twice 10 months ago,

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 12:16 pm

It sounds like she wants to meet you but also apprehensive because it means leaving the comfort zone of the internet.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 3:43 pm

Update: She ignored today my last pm, it won't work. That was expected for obvious reasons.

She messaged my boring fake profile instead that I totally forgot about :lol: (with that hot model pic: photo ) :lol: , yes that's true, she's trying to get that "guy" instead.

emuman100
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 5:14 pm

I would be scared to death to "meet" someone for the first time over the internet. The anxiety would be so great that the pain in my chest would make me feel like I couldn't breath. Although it depends on the person, my mood (whether social or antisocial), and the kind of situation. This is what I hate the most about AS, the overwhelming anxiety in doing a simple task such as meeting someone and being yourself. And if I were to meet her, I'd sound like an idiot trying to hold a conversation, stutter my words, and have very little to say. I'd look at the ground, struggle to look at her when I'm talking, and make a complete fool of myself. Yet, I could pick up a soldering iron and get a vintage radio working again and be completely in my element.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 2:27 pm

emuman100 wrote:
I would be scared to death to "meet" someone for the first time over the internet. The anxiety would be so great that the pain in my chest would make me feel like I couldn't breath. Although it depends on the person, my mood (whether social or antisocial), and the kind of situation. This is what I hate the most about AS, the overwhelming anxiety in doing a simple task such as meeting someone and being yourself. And if I were to meet her, I'd sound like an idiot trying to hold a conversation, stutter my words, and have very little to say. I'd look at the ground, struggle to look at her when I'm talking, and make a complete fool of myself. Yet, I could pick up a soldering iron and get a vintage radio working again and be completely in my element.

Yea, but that wasn't exactly the problem.