Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

robin45
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2011, 3:23 pm

I was wondering if any of you aspies out there are into hair removal. I have been shaving, waxing for years and am thinking of having laser hair removal. I guess I like the look , feel of smooth skin and for sexual reasons.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 3:54 pm

I shave my chest and lower back area and upper legs and shave the-mmmmmm- private areas-like the feel of smooth skin too.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 4:02 pm

I used to be really into hair removal, I still slip into it from time to time.

Shaving, epilation, sugaring, and plucking - I've never managed to get waxing to work, hair removal cream gave me a nasty chemical burn on my arm last year so never using that again, and I've yet to try threading or laser hair removal, but really want to!

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 4:10 pm

I shave arm pits and legs a few times a week but I am sensitive to razor burn, creams sting and those epilator gadgets are just painful!

And don't even get me started on wax!

IMCarnochan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Apr 2011, 5:00 pm

I love a good straight razor, but I havent used mine in a year or so...

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 5:08 pm

I like my men to be men!

:oops:
I'm just gonna go eat dinner now.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 5:19 pm

A razor has never been below my neck

except once, i was curious, ouch.

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 5:26 pm

Bloodheart wrote:
epilation

*screams and hides behind the couch*

Seriously, how can anyone use those things? They're torture. You must have a seriously high pain threshold!

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 5:33 pm

all_white wrote:
Bloodheart wrote:
epilation

*screams and hides behind the couch*

Seriously, how can anyone use those things? They're torture. You must have a seriously high pain threshold!

lol, yeah you get a little more used to them, but still torture is a pretty good word for it...the sound of them REALLY doesn't help either! Thus I prefer plucking the areas where I'd normally epilate.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

YourMother
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 5:41 pm

If you were female I'd tell you not to do it, but men are allowed to hate themselves, I suppose.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 6:03 pm

robin45 wrote:
I was wondering if any of you aspies out there are into hair removal. I have been shaving, waxing for years and am thinking of having laser hair removal. I guess I like the look , feel of smooth skin and for sexual reasons.

I want to get laser hair removal on my eyebrows because they are thick and a pain to pluck. It might not be possible. Can my eyebrows be shaped this way? I haven't looked into it, but it sure would be nice not to have to mess with the things ever again.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 6:54 pm

Shaving, epilating, tweezing, waxing, hot waxing, sand papering, hair removal cream, sugaring, threading, I've done it all. I mostly shave and epilate and tweeze because it's cheaper.

Haven't tried lazer and electronisis because of the price.

Jacs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2011, 3:50 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
robin45 wrote:

I want to get laser hair removal on my eyebrows because they are thick and a pain to pluck. It might not be possible. Can my eyebrows be shaped this way? I haven't looked into it, but it sure would be nice not to have to mess with the things ever again.

Yes they can. I have the same problem and have looked into laser treatment. I have been quoted £40, about $30, a treatment and told most people need around 6 treatments.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 6:05 am

Robin, this is not for sexual reasons. A little regular trimming is absolutely good enough, and razor to the armpits. Believe me.

However, I also like the feeling of smooth skin or skin with softer, shorter, scarcer hair. This has nothing to do with sex, anyway. Laser treatment is a bit pricey, not that effective, painful here and there (at least you can practice raising your threshold :) ). Well, I tried it, and I'm thinking (only thinking) of a second treatment now. You'd better spending your bucks on dating instead.

robin45
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Apr 2011, 9:17 am

Yes laser hair removal is pricey. I would only recommend laser hair removal if you have been waxing, epilating for years and are sure. Once this is done it can't be undone. Also laser hair removal does'nt always work on some people so you need to do your research. I do find being hairless increases sensitivity amazingly in certain areas and the bearness looks great. Some people like it and some don't. Some people have loads of tattoos, some have piecings as well encluding a Prince Albert but I'm definitely not going there. Its live and let live.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 9:31 am

robin45 wrote:
Yes laser hair removal is pricey. I would only recommend laser hair removal if you have been waxing, epilating for years and are sure. Once this is done it can't be undone. Also laser hair removal does'nt always work on some people so you need to do your research. I do find being hairless increases sensitivity amazingly in certain areas and the bearness looks great. Some people like it and some don't. Some people have loads of tattoos, some have piecings as well encluding a Prince Albert but I'm definitely not going there. Its live and let live.

Grin, not bear it topic

Beary hairy. The opposite of smooooth. Perhaps "bare" is the better word choice.

This why we need a men's forum. :wink:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo