Did God create Autism or is this just a part of evolution?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 9:42 pm

Dasaniman wrote:
Im confused on this issue. :oops:

God created autism as much as he created cancer. I'm not sure about the evolution part though, probably it may have something to do with it?

emuman100
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 10:15 pm

I'm Christian, so I will say this. Our life is full of crosses that we must bear, and I consider the anxiety and struggles a heavy cross to bear. You must bear the cross before you get to heaven. Also, I believe that we were given gifts and talents that we should use to the fullest. Life is full of crosses and graces, you must bear the crosses and and embrace the graces.

Ammy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2011, 10:20 pm

I really don't see why this matters. Autism exists, that's a fact that can't be changed. My personal theory, however, is that He created autism in order to benefit mankind. BAP (Broad Autism Phenotype) is common in scientists and people who made advances in science and stuff. Einstein had aspergers, or at least, wasn't neurotypical. Look at what he discovered. Most great scientists are lateral thinkers, people who think outside the box. So, I guess, in a twisted sort of way, autism helps mankind progress and evolve.

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 10:27 pm

there is no god.

YourMother
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 10:29 pm

Dasaniman wrote:
Did God create Autism or is this just a part of evolution?

Hahaha!!

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 10:52 pm

I don't believe in deities, but from a theist's point of view, God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. Nothing happens without his knowledge and permission. therefore, if you believe in God, you should believe he created Asperger's, cancer, incontinence, hemorrhoids, accents and everything else that was mentioned in this topic. :P

But I prefer more reasonable explanations. I will stick with evolution, at least for now. Supposedly, there is a genetic factor on ASDs, implying mutation. Since it's been happening for some time now (and, from what I've on the internet, it's been increasing over time), we can assume autistic individuals have been passing their genes, indicating that the mutation is at least partially beneficial. In other words, microevolution.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 3:16 am

(Thread moved to PPR by TallyMan)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 3:18 am

Dasaniman wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Did God create hemmeroids?

ruveyn

8O now thats a silly question

So is the original question. Which is my point.

ruveyn

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

21 Apr 2011, 5:26 am

God and evolution are not mutually-exclusive concepts.

But one is supported by ALL empirical date we have access to.

The other has not a shred of substantive support, analytical, empirical, or otherwise.

Guess which is which now, children.