Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2011, 7:18 pm

Does anyone else watch this show?

Now, I just started watching the series from the beginning and I really like it. I can't help but notice that maybe the main character Dr. Brennan might have some AS characteristics (like when she doesn't understand certain things related to society). I don't know. what do you think?

Infoseeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2011, 12:00 am

I don't know. But I do know I can't stand that show and it's 'logical' take on evidence. Don't have evidence? Let's run it again through this super-machinegropher......Aaah, there we go!

You can't upsample a picture to show data that it never even gathered! A face blotted and composed of 10 pixels.....are just that; ten squares.

Last edited by Infoseeker on 25 Apr 2011, 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 11:20 pm

I love that show

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 7:57 am

Looking forward to the finder.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 8:15 am

Infoseeker wrote:
I don't know. But I do know I can't stand that show and it's 'logical' take on evidence. Don't have evidence? Let's run it again through this super-machinegropher......Aaah, there we go!

You can't upsample a picture to show data that it never even gathered! A face blotted and composed of 10 pixels.....are just that; ten squares.

Amen.

People are so stupid if they think that the ability for police to get something from evidence is as good as it's portrayed on TV.

I really like (sic) how they routinely handle cases that are in no way federal jurisdiction...or that most states have well-equipped crime labs (you'd not think that judging on how the show portrays things)...or that a major museum would dedicate an entire section to solving FBI cases when they have other work they should be doing.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2011, 9:23 am

I love that show and the actor that plays Bones is brilliant.

The character Bones does show a lot of AS features..and it might be she does have it since one episode they introduced one of her cousins who was almost exactly like her despite the fact that they had not met before.

bergie
Toucan
Toucan

04 May 2011, 11:55 am

I like the show. I think her original lab assistant Zack was more clearly AS. I was pissed at the way they wrote him out of the show.

wrk4rstash
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2011, 5:36 am

I watch this show. Its really good show with awesome concept. I watch this show on otavo.tv.

jerrylewis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2011, 7:33 am

I love to watch this show.I have watch all seasons of this show.I never missed any single episode of this show.

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 May 2011, 6:47 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Infoseeker wrote:

Amen.

People are so stupid if they think that the ability for police to get something from evidence is as good as it's portrayed on TV.

I really like (sic) how they routinely handle cases that are in no way federal jurisdiction...or that most states have well-equipped crime labs (you'd not think that judging on how the show portrays things)...or that a major museum would dedicate an entire section to solving FBI cases when they have other work they should be doing.

I agree. It's pretty darn unrealistic. I've even got a friend who actually is an anthropologist and he can't stand the show because apparently Dr. Brennan knows nothing about science.

But then, I don't watch it for the science. You can't watch any non-documentary show for it's science. I watch it because unlike every other show on TV, there's actual pacing in the relationships. Every show you watch nowadays, it's an emotional problem an episode. Someone gets pregnant at the beginning of one episode and by the end they've decided whether or not to keep it. Then by the end of the next episode, the baby is born! Someone shows signs of having a crush on a person at the start of one episode and by the end they're dating. With Bones, things happen slowly, and that's a really good thing. With other shows, the characters just have SO MUCH going on, you know? They've got a thousand million problems ALL THE TIME and then when the writers start running out of ideas, those problems start contradicting each other or switching from character to character. With Bones, I just feel like the characters have always been themselves, and that is worth a lot in my opinion.

(Also, I was wondering is it just me or is the sound of Angela's magic science hologram machine really painful? Especially in the first couple of seasons.)

Postures
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 6:58 pm

I love it. Eagerly waiting for season 6 to come out on DVD 8)

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 9:12 am

Infoseeker wrote:

~laughs~ I am SO with you on this.

I can suspend disbelief for the vast majority of the show, and you have to because it's so unrealistic, but, I cannot keep myself from commenting on the photo and video manipulations that they do regularly (uh, I comment on it so much that it really drives my husband bonkers).

Aside from that, I agree with Mori's summary of the show.

Purplepolkadots
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Apr 2014, 4:08 pm

I'm actually pretty sure she has aspergers, at least in the first season. She seems to gain more social skills throughout time, and in my head, she's taking occupational therapy. Women's with aspergers are often different than men. We show quite a bit more emotion and empathy. Idk, that'd just my view